Thread: converting from propane to natural gas

Post Likes

Question

I have a Duo-Therm propane furnace that i use to heat my garage/workshop with and would like to convert it to natural gas. Now I know i have to have the orfice changed but I need to find the manufacturer to find out if i can even get the conversion kit, as it is an older furnace. So can anyone help me with who is the manufacturer and how can I contact them. Have searched the web to no avail.

Post Likes
    I would suggest hiring a profess. to perform this conversion swapping out parts is not the end of it, a combustion analysis should be perfomed to meet proper combustion requirements.

Battle Creek MI Occupation: Simi-retired 57 year old, in home and shop appliance tecnician, (since 1967).
    Post Likes
    If it has ran a long time on Lp, it may get very complicated, you need to change and check a lot more than just the orifices. Also know how to spot things like lazy diaphrams, and have the proper equipment to set pressures, flame placements and on and on. Get a good contractor, or at least, someone who has done a lot of conversions and knows what mistakes to avoid.

Post Likes
    If it has a LP gas control valve the internal regulator has to have a conversion kit also or you need to install a appliance regulator outside of the valve. Better contact a professional. You can get in alot of trouble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in