Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: wiring diagrams

wiring diagrams

We have some new guys on our crew that could really use some help with wiring diagrams. Does anyboby know if there is any software or anything online that I could point them to. They are young guys with families. I dont want to see anybody lose thier job
    Semper Fi

I have been looking to but it is hard to locate them unless u go through the manufacture
    of each system.

Quote Originally Posted by earl964 View Post
    We have some new guys on our crew that could really use some help with wiring diagrams. Does anyboby know if there is any software or anything online that I could point them to. They are young guys with families. I dont want to see anybody lose thier job
    Semper Fi
    All of this information is located within the Educational Forums. But, you must be a Professional Member to view it.

How do you become a Professional member?

you have to send mods tequila!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

When you say trouble, do you mean that they need help with electrical troubleshooting or with actually reading the diagram symbols and tracing the circuit?

or specifically with ladder diagrams ???????

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    When you say trouble, do you mean that they need help with electrical troubleshooting or with actually reading the diagram symbols and tracing the circuit?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

If they will be working on small Package or split systems you could copy or scan some of the IOM's that have the diagrahms. You could also take photos of control compartments and pictorial and ladder schematics. Sounds as if someone needs to have inhouse training with their guys. Also have them look for a copy of Modern Refrigeration. Usually at most supply houses.

Its the electrical troubleshooting that they need help with. They know the book work of it. But when they open up a cover and they have to trace the circut through all the controls is were they get lost. Trying to help them now before a/c season.

someone with good knowledge should be able to teach them to navigate schematics rather quickly, IF they understand the symbols, and how the devices operate. for example, normally open/closed and how they are represented. the thing with schematics is, once someone shows you how they work, a light bulb goes off and makes it easy. you just need that one guy.....shouldnt take more than a half hour if they truly know the book stuff.

I think one of the problems young guys have today is that the wiring diagrams on residential and commerial are too detailed. These guys are conceptulist,elementary
    (ladder) diagrams work. They always worked better for me and I am an old guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GA FRANK View Post
    I think one of the problems young guys have today is that the wiring diagrams on residential and commerial are too detailed. These guys are conceptulist,elementary
    (ladder) diagrams work. They always worked better for me and I am an old guy.
    I never had that problem, its the other way around, not enough details, worst with ANSI schematics and thats going to be the norm, ladders or pictorials are things of the past.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast