Thread: rewards program

Post Likes

rewards program

I have been asked to develop an incentive program for a job site and I need input for the criteria to use. Does anyone do such a program and money is not the reward. it my be time off or tools who knows. I'm thinking P.M.s complete, repairs complete, attendence,call back???

Thanks PJ
    If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail ("Coach Dave")
    Hello I must be going. I cannot stay, I came to say , I must be going.(Jeffery T. Spauldlng)

Post Likes
    pm complete can be manipulated easily, so i wouldnt use that. Callbacks, now you got something. you could track percentage of callback verses calls completed to get a good idea of where your boys stand. my incentive program , by the way is different. mine goes like this. do a good job, and keep your job. make me money, and I will make you money. piss me off, or lose money, you will be looking for a job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    do a good job, and keep your job. make me money, and I will make you money. piss me off, or lose money, you will be looking for a job.
    thats how ours goes...but I also am now allowed to buy whatever tool I need...ive won trust along with the $$.

Not sure how you would do incentives with commercial...some call backs are inevitable with the hodg podg of equipment. I would frown upon "speed" of doing any work. The only way i am thinking of is send your clients you have contracts with a evaluation....of the tech once a year. If the tech gets a certain # above 7 in a 1-10 scale then they get a day off or something.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ's cool-aid View Post
    I have been asked to develop an incentive program for a job site and I need input for the criteria to use. Does anyone do such a program and money is not the reward. it my be time off or tools who knows. I'm thinking P.M.s complete, repairs complete, attendence,call back???

Thanks PJ
    i used to reward guys on keeping higher average tickets and number of PM agreements sold and such.

kinda hard to use that as a barameter in your situation.

repairs complete (revenue) and low call back would work too.

is there a way you can track each guys revenue? and are they working on like equipment, as in each has the potential to bring in revenue equally, not one chiller guy (14k compressor) versus a ice machine guy (300 dollar compressor)
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Sad when you need to reward an employee for doing the job they were hired for and paid to do.

Best incentive ever offered to most is a JOB and a PAYCHEQUE.

Post Likes
    I think it's unreasonable to think that a tech will never have a call back. Understanding that some equipment will have problems no matter what. Sometimes a costumer dosen't want a whole new system and another part goes bad things happen. Then if your tech is fearing foe his job and has a callback and tells the costumer dishonestly that, oh you have got to pay because another part failed even if it hasn't just to cover his a@@. So being heavy handed is lookin out for number one allright the hard a@@ boss. As long as the Mercedes payment is made I guess you will sleep all right tonight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    I think it's unreasonable to think that a tech will never have a call back. Understanding that some equipment will have problems no matter what. Sometimes a costumer dosen't want a whole new system and another part goes bad things happen. Then if your tech is fearing foe his job and has a callback and tells the costumer dishonestly that, oh you have got to pay because another part failed even if it hasn't just to cover his a@@. So being heavy handed is lookin out for number one allright the hard a@@ boss. As long as the Mercedes payment is made I guess you will sleep all right tonight.
    We have customers where because how there money is allocated that they would rather repair a beast instead of replace. Capital project $ to replace is usually used up 2/3 threw the year.

Post Likes
    Just pay well and let that be the reward.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    pm complete can be manipulated easily, so i wouldnt use that. Callbacks, now you got something. you could track percentage of callback verses calls completed to get a good idea of where your boys stand. my incentive program , by the way is different. mine goes like this. do a good job, and keep your job. make me money, and I will make you money. piss me off, or lose money, you will be looking for a job.
    Lol. I like ur plan better

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in