Prophet or poser?

Had to erase the link, it may be considered spam. But it had some very interesting predictions on future dire economic events in America that could happen soon. Sorry about this.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Had to erase the link, it may be considered spam. But it had some very interesting predictions on future dire economic events in America that could happen soon. Sorry about this.
    Too bad I can't see the link. One the same subject though, have you ever heard of Peter Schiff? He was all over the news well before the recession telling everyone its coming and its going to be big. And the "expert" economists all said there's nothing coming and then when it was obvious it was, they said oh, it won't be that big. Even Bernanke was saying, that we may have like a 1 quarter slow down in housing but nothing big. And he was saying no, our economy is not doing well and we are going to feel it. Guess who was right?

Anyway, I have been following his radio show and he seems to think there is more to come than what the Feds are trying to say. Anyway, might be an interesting guy to look up if you haven't heard of him?

Quote Originally Posted by dijit View Post
    Too bad I can't see the link. One the same subject though, have you ever heard of Peter Schiff? He was all over the news well before the recession telling everyone its coming and its going to be big. And the "expert" economists all said there's nothing coming and then when it was obvious it was, they said oh, it won't be that big. Even Bernanke was saying, that we may have like a 1 quarter slow down in housing but nothing big. And he was saying no, our economy is not doing well and we are going to feel it. Guess who was right?

Anyway, I have been following his radio show and he seems to think there is more to come than what the Feds are trying to say. Anyway, might be an interesting guy to look up if you haven't heard of him?
    Porter Stansberry is the guy who made this video. He runs an investment company and the video does have a "subscribe now" link, so that's why I pulled the link. He does provide some very interesting info regarding how the U.S. Dollar may no longer be the worlds currency and what it will mean to our way of life. One of his warnings is if you live in an urban area, you should get out. Basically he is predicting a total economic breakdown to the point the government won't even be able to send out "food stamps", and that is why he doesn't think it's a good idea to be in the city when that happens.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Porters a salesman, nothing prophet like about him. He is using fear to sell a service to you.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Porter Stansberry is the guy who made this video. He runs an investment company and the video does have a "subscribe now" link, so that's why I pulled the link. He does provide some very interesting info regarding how the U.S. Dollar may no longer be the worlds currency and what it will mean to our way of life. One of his warnings is if you live in an urban area, you should get out. Basically he is predicting a total economic breakdown to the point the government won't even be able to send out "food stamps", and that is why he doesn't think it's a good idea to be in the city when that happens.

And that is the worry that I get from hearing Schiff. Although he says we are still the reserve currency. And Europeans have been using dollars to help keep them safe from the Euro. He says that( as someone calling in to his radio show said) even though there are indicators in our country that have been the same in numerous places before the collapse of their currency and very bad economic problems, that us being the worlds currency is holding us up and he is not really sure what will happen because that makes our situation different. The recent rise in the dollar is not a rise in the dollar but rather the other currencies falling and people using the dollar to protect themselves. And this so-called recovery is not really recovery. It is the result of increased spending. That is what got us into the problem in the first place, borrowing and spending and not saving and producing. Now they are saying we need to raise the debt ceiling so we can try to keep this charade going. But eventually, it will stop. We need to stop borrowing and spending and start producing and saving, otherwise at some point and nobody really knows when, the housing market bubble will look like nothing.

And I am not a Chicken Little going out saying the sky is falling , but this is a real concern. Schiff was scorned when he predicted the collapse by many people but he was right. That is what matters. And Bernanke was wrong. So it seems like the wise thing to do to research some of this stuff and try to protect yourself. Don't take any one person's opinions as scripture. If you believe everything the government is saying that is as unwise as believing everything someone else is saying without doing the research.

But the point is, what do you have to lose by trying to protect yourself? If you do it right, nothing. Worse that will happen is the economy recovers and you go about your life. Nothing wrong with that. But if these guys predicting more problems are right and you do nothing, and we do go into a depression, then you're screwed. I wish I would have been following this stuff four years ago. I would be a lot better off now. And if they would have been wrong, it would have made no difference.

And as for your thing about being in the rural areas, that is not too off base in my opinion. If you look at the Great Depression, the people who did the best were farmers and ranchers. If you can raise chickens and grow corn, at least you can eat.

We need to stop borrowing and spending and start producing and saving, otherwise at some point and nobody really knows when, the housing market bubble will look like nothing.
    Shoot, I have been saying that here since my stunning arrival. Mind you back then I was called an American basher for it. And all anybody remembers is health care.

Farmers and ranchers lost their farms also. The ones that did not are the ones that did not bet the farm.

It took me a long time to realize NO government person will ever say anything other than 'all is great'... regardless of what they know or believe.

If TPTB said we have a 2 year recession coming, be ready... folks would stop spending COLD... and the economy would go in the tank a lot worse than it did. The illusion that 'all is fine' has to be preached repeatedly to keep folks spending... or all things will NOT be fine.

So next time some govt guy/gal says it is all good... take it with a grain of salt and listen to someone that is not seeking re-election...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I was verifying an Einstein quote from one of the signatures on this site and found a couple that we need to send to some of the politicians.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmm. Maybe a balanced budget instead of more debt.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein