Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005


    I have a Duo-Therm propane furnace that i use to heat my garage/workshop with and would like to convert it to natural gas. Now I know i have to have the orfice changed but I need to find the manufacturer to find out if i can even get the conversion kit, as it is an older furnace. So can anyone help me with who is the manufacturer and how can I contact them. Have searched the web to no avail.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I would suggest hiring a profess. to perform this conversion swapping out parts is not the end of it, a combustion analysis should be perfomed to meet proper combustion requirements.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Battle Creek MI Occupation: Simi-retired 57 year old, in home and shop appliance tecnician, (since 1967).
    If it has ran a long time on Lp, it may get very complicated, you need to change and check a lot more than just the orifices. Also know how to spot things like lazy diaphrams, and have the proper equipment to set pressures, flame placements and on and on. Get a good contractor, or at least, someone who has done a lot of conversions and knows what mistakes to avoid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gilroy, Calif
    If it has a LP gas control valve the internal regulator has to have a conversion kit also or you need to install a appliance regulator outside of the valve. Better contact a professional. You can get in alot of trouble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event