peakslayer Guest

Carrier Gas pack Model number

Hi warm people..

I have a 20 year old carrier combo gas pack on my roof but cant seem to find the model number due to all the info being sun faded here in HOT Tucson. I do have a couple part numbers of two control boards and pictures to boot.

Anyone out there have knowledge of old carrier unit if I give you a part number off a board and some pictures, CARRIER WON'T TALK TO ME AND WHEN I HAD A DEALER CALL, THE GAVE THEN 200 POSSIBLE PART NUMBERS.

Or can someone tell me where to find a model or serial number on this unit

Thanks a MILLION in advance

Cold person for a week in Tucson...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Behind a panel on the unit, there's another silver panel covering the electrical control box. Carrier puts another nameplate there. Hopefully that one isn't oxidized or faded away.

peakslayer Guest

eletrical control box?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you speak of the electrical control box are you speaking of the compartment with the control boards? See picture attached

Thanks

Steven
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why do you ne3ed the model #. Is it not working a technician could probably fix it in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by peakslayer View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you speak of the electrical control box are you speaking of the compartment with the control boards? See picture attached

Thanks

Steven
    Yes. Was there not another silver panel in front of the control box?

peakslayer Guest

eletrical control box?

No,,,what you see in the pic is what I have, able to read the serial number off the tag. Any way to convert it 3190007255

You might have to call a tech in to take a look at it. As the dealer said, there's hundreds of possibilities.

a matter of effort

lack of a model number does not mean your out of luck, as someone who used to work a parts counter for a carrier distributor i know a thing or two...first of all part numbers can help by narrowing down potential models as carrier distributors have a program to cross refrence those numbers to the various units they were used on (providing the unit isn't too old)...secondly, if you know the age of a unit the results can be further narrowed by what models were manufactured during that period. in the end it is still going to be a guess but narrowing down to a dozen or so candidates is possible. if you post a part number for the control board and the compressor (if readable) and guestimate the age i'll see if i can call a few contacts to narrow down your possibilities a bit

just hit me the serial number you provided 3190007255 is probably 3190 G 07255 which would be a 1990 model unit. does that sound right?

peakslayer Guest

Carrier model number

yes I believe it is a 1990 model

i have a contract with 30 of thes units. mine are 48nlt 036501be. 1989 year built.230 volt 3 phase 3 gas burners natural gas .hope this helps.try cleaning up the area around the wiring diagram, there might be another mod aand ser # there.

peakslayer Guest

Carrier model number

Hi

Thanks for your input.

I did clean up around the wiring diagram and have been over that unit with a magnifier. Still no luck

BTW,,this has 4 gas burners

thanks again!!!

Steven

a 48n_t model does fit the appearance and time of manufacture from what i see. that information along with knowing how many burners has norrowed down the information to which i have access to the following possibilities...

48nht030
    48nmt036
    48nht036
    48nmt042
    48nht042
    48nlt048
    48nlt060

these models do have the stacked circuit boards as show in your picture so if your unit is in fact a 48n model theres a good chance one of the above will apply

030 = 2.5 ton / 036 = 3 ton / 042 = 3.5 ton / 048 = 4 ton / 060 = 5 ton cooling

good luck