Question

I'm troubleshooting a goodman heatpump and was wondering if the static pressure of .3 which it was designed for was ok? Trunk lines seem sized right to a .3. Is this a goodman thing(not much goodman experience)?

Get a ductulator and check to see if the duct is sized for the equipment. The Goodman spec sheets will show blower design static design. Good Luck

The ductulator will show you friction loss, not static pressure.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

From the information I have, they duct was designed at a .3 external static pressure. I'm wondering why it was designed at a .3 instead of .1. Is this how Goodman recommends installation or was this decision from the installer since the trunk lines can be made smaller on a .3.

Somebody tried to save money, goodman air handlers are no different then anybody elses.

What size is the air handler, and what size are the return and suppply ducts.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The only way to determine the ducts proper size is to run a Manual D calculation.
    To see how bad the present duct system is affecting airflow check the total external static pressure of the air handler with a magnehelic or digital manometer & plot it on the fan performance data to determine fan airflow.
    This information should be in the installation or service literature,be sure & read it thoroughly & look at all footnotes.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

I called Goodman an the tech rep said it should be that model should be installed with a static pressure of .2-.5. The tech data with the unit said tested up to .2.
    Looks like a .1 was not an option.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by elmer5
    I called Goodman an the tech rep said it should be that model should be installed with a static pressure of .2-.5. The tech data with the unit said tested up to .2.
    Looks like a .1 was not an option.

.1 Static Pressure is very low,most equipment will deliver too much air at .1 External Static Pressure.

.1 on a Ductolator ,is Not .1 Static,I think you may be confusing the two of these.