Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    oddly enough, NYS still has and goes by the Assault Weapons Ban.

we have to be careful what magazines we carry, whether they are "pre"ban or "post"ban.

the problem arises when Law enforcement gets involved. Most police officers don't know how to identify a Pre-ban or post-ban magazine so if you get stopped and questioned, it's good bet your going to get arrested until they figure out what is what.

It's just life in NYS
    We have that same issue here..... the police have no clue about the laws. If it looks illegal they take it away and off you go!

CT Gun Laws:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    The registering of guns differ by state. In CT all hanguns must be registered. Heck..even my long guns are registered here. I guess my point was to the politicians and the way they take a tragedy and use it for their agenda.
    As far as reloading...that was just his inexperience shooting the weapon.
    According to the pdf you posted only assault weapons must be registered, you may want to read the pdf you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    According to the pdf you posted only assault weapons must be registered, you may want to read the pdf you posted.
    Read further....You need a permit to purchase a handgun. You need a permit to carry.You need to register your handgun with your local police .I know of no one in this state who has gotten away with owning a pistol without it being registered with the local police.
    Last edited by pdrake65; 01-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Read further....You need a permit to purchase a handgun. You need a permit to carry.You need to register your handgun with your local police .I know of no one in this state who has gotten away with owning a pistol without it being registered with the local police.
    you said that handguns and rifles had to be registered, the pdf on page 1 upper left corner says they don't.

requiring a permit to buy a handgun is not the same as requiring all guns to be registered.

either the local police are making up their own rules or they don't undertsand the law, or the .pdf you posted is wrong.

Here in MI, all handguns need to be registered...long guns do not, if over 30 inches in length.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Here in MI, all handguns need to be registered...long guns do not, if over 30 inches in length.
    I am glad I live in a Free state.

Told to me word for word from my Sheriff buddy, do not buy any assault weapons now days period, if your going to register them, only buy them from folks at the gun shows walking around carrying them, or even piece by piece from individuals, and build your own, if you have to.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

you said that handguns and rifles had to be registered, the pdf on page 1 upper left corner says they don't.

requiring a permit to buy a handgun is not the same as requiring all guns to be registered.

either the local police are making up their own rules or they don't undertsand the law, or the .pdf you posted is wrong.
    Never said that rifles needed to be registered....just that mine are.
    Maybe the proper term I should use is "owner registration".

I'm beginning to think that gun control is going to be the least of our problems.

The Dummyrats are spouting that they what "The Rhetoric to be toned down"

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...s-dem-lawmaker

Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., said in a Monday afternoon conference call that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) should work harder to sanction broadcasts that could incite people to violence.

"No one owns the airwaves," Slaughter said, "They are owned by the people."
    I take that to mean they have an opportunity to shut down Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and opponents like them.

This may turn out to be a bigger problem than gun control
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I am glad I live in a Free state.
    No kiddin...Im hoping things will change for the better with our new governor.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    No kiddin...Im hoping things will change for the better with our new governor.
    Waiting on his State of the State.

Its going to piss off alot of people.

As for the gun thing, hunting is huge here,a golden goose.

Hire Rick is a buisness man first.

The question is still in air.....

Does he have baby b**ls or man size.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Waiting on his State of the State.

Its going to piss off alot of people.

As for the gun thing, hunting is huge here,a golden goose.

Hire Rick is a buisness man first.

The question is still in air.....

Does he have baby b**ls or man size.
    so far I have been impressed with him, he was allowed to spend 2.8 million on his innauguration, he didn't use all of it and gave some of the money to charity.

He is selling the two state airplanes, the state employees and politicians will have to fly commercial or drive.

Rick scott will still fly in a private jet and he will pay for all expenses associated with it, he owns the plane and will not be seeking reimbursement.

He also signed executive order 11-01 suspending all state rule making.

His salary will be 1 penny per year.

he has definately hit the ground running and is going to do what he can to fix the problems we have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12