Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

<big sigh> So it begins

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

this part is more concerning to me than the gun control part

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.
    talk about knee-jerk, over reaction. Or is Brady just paranoid because no one likes him
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

From the article:

"One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition clip the gunman used."

Let me get this straight. Less than 24 hours after the shooting, before any of the dozens of professional investigators dealing with the case first hand know much of anything about what happened, this _____ has already decided on the best course of action? Anybody with half a brain can see that she was waiting (maybe hoping) for something like this to come along to aid her in furthering her anti-gun agenda.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

"Anybody with half a brain can see that she was waiting (maybe hoping) for something like this to come along to aid her in furthering her anti-gun agenda."

Unfortunately, allot of people in this country function with less than half a brain.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

McCarthy's Husband was killed and son seriously injured in the Long Island shooting of 1993.

The ONLY REASON she is politics is to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.

I'm very sorry for her lose, but she has lost site of her job.

many people get into politics because of personal tragedy, they are there for their own agenda and not the agenda of the people.
    LOVE has four letters

Let me get this straight, we can just throw out the 1st and 2nd Amendments......

Great
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Is there anyone that works in the trades that would do away with his or her 2nd amendment right?

I could see it if you were some hippie pinko gardener, but not a tradesmen.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Dave8OH1 View Post
    Let me get this straight, we can just throw out the 1st and 2nd Amendments......

Great
    thats pretty much what she wants
    LOVE has four letters

Same with the Sheriff of Pima County.

"I think the vitriolic rhetoric that we hear day in and day out from people in the radio business and some people in the TV business and what (we) see on TV and how our youngsters are being raised, that this has not become the nice United States of America that most of us grew up in. And I think it's time that we do the soul-searching," the sheriff said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...e-free-speech/

I hear more hate speech and name calling coming from the left than the right...just look at Andrew Weiner.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

instead of banning objects, why don't we enforce the gun laws we already have?

even if they ban guns and magazines completely, they will never be able to get them all taken away from the citizens.

there are 270 million people in the United States and there are way more than 270 million firearms in the United States.

All the politicians that want to ban magazines is going to do is cause law abiding citizens such as myself to do is stock up on more magazines before the prices start to go up.

I don't recall the politicians complaining about cuban immigrants from the mariel boatlift and gasoline when this happened and this is far worse than what happened in Tuscon, but since they were just regular people the politicians could care less.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...years_ago.html

How would it be possible to track who has these magazines? Would a ban on these actually help anything? As far as gun control goes, anytime something like this happens the Gun Control Brigade will show up. Nobody in that group has anything to offer but hindsight info. I'm watching the news pretty much hour by hour to see how Gabby is doing.....are they?????

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    How would it be possible to track who has these magazines? Would a ban on these actually help anything? As far as gun control goes, anytime something like this happens the Gun Control Brigade will show up. Nobody in that group has anything to offer but hindsight info. I'm watching the news pretty much hour by hour to see how Gabby is doing.....are they?????
    It would not be possible to track them.

the only way to track them in the future would require a serial number on them and then registration of them, but the courts have found it is a violation of a criminals 5th amendment right to make them register their firearms.

how would tracking this guys magazine have stopped him?

he could have just done a new york reload, instead of changing magazines.

luckily he was stopped from reloading a second magazine into his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    It would not be possible to track them.

the only way to track them in the future would require a serial number on them and then registration of them, but the courts have found it is a violation of a criminals 5th amendment right to make them register their firearms.

how would tracking this guys magazine have stopped him?

he could have just done a new york reload, instead of changing magazines.

luckily he was stopped from reloading a second magazine into his gun.
    The registering of guns differ by state. In CT all hanguns must be registered. Heck..even my long guns are registered here. I guess my point was to the politicians and the way they take a tragedy and use it for their agenda.
    As far as reloading...that was just his inexperience shooting the weapon.

oddly enough, NYS still has and goes by the Assault Weapons Ban.

we have to be careful what magazines we carry, whether they are "pre"ban or "post"ban.

the problem arises when Law enforcement gets involved. Most police officers don't know how to identify a Pre-ban or post-ban magazine so if you get stopped and questioned, it's good bet your going to get arrested until they figure out what is what.

It's just life in NYS
    LOVE has four letters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast