Hybrid View

I cant figure this out... we have a customer with an old utica boiler that has somehow destroyed 2 honeywell r8184g primary controls in one day... voltage into it is the standard 120 or so... im confused, someone please help

send someone who knows how to diagnose electrical problems.

I just ran into this today. But yours may not be the same cause.
    According to the records left behind, someone replaced the electrodes on a Beckett 2 years ago by another oil company, but did not cut the bussbars short enough. They were within 1/4 inch of the burner chassis. So he put electrical tape on the ends. Needless to say the tape wore off and allowed the chassis(ground) to get zapped with 14,000 volts. This killed the electronics in the control. The control was replaced in January then again on March 8 by someone from our co. and this morning by me.
    Your case might be different. But at least look for a short to ground in the igniter/transformer.

i figured it out... the power from the panel kept surging, so an electrician had to fix it... and i am the one to send out for electrical problems, all i do is oil heat, i was just lost