Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Got to start somewhere

I finally got the chace to come up for air. It's snowing here in Pittsburgh. The rooftops are slippery as are the roofs. So I'm here in front of my laptop. After doing this work since the early 70; I don't need practice. I've slid on enough roofs. The changes I've seen in our trade could fill a book. Much the same as many of you out there. But this trade has always paid the freight and we've always helped each other. Keep it up!

Artie H.

Welcome Artie,

Glad to have you aboard...I think you will enjoy this site, I know I have. Get your posts up to 15 and apply pro membership, then you can swap technical info with others as well as other stuff.

Look forward to seeing you there.
    Take care

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

howdy neighbor..get the post count up and apply for a pro membership

Welcome!

Thank god for snow days! Looks like we may get one tomorrow...depending on how bad we get hit. Get that post count up and apply for pro membership. There you will find hundreds of other tech's like us that are waiting to share information and help eachother out!

thanks

We will have two inches or more by morning. Have to head into the city anyway. Hope it's not one of those call where its just a fuse. Working on a comfortaire/snyder general with a 40kw heater. 60 amp fuses. Three phase at 240v. Amazing the price jump between 70 and 60 amp cause they use different holders. Will bring a pocketful of fuses onto the roof and my multimeter. Hate to burn out more fuses so I will check for shorts and read the load. Thank you guys for the traffic. If I can help just let me know.
    thanks

Artie

Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    howdy neighbor..get the post count up and apply for a pro membership
    Hi Pauls,
    Can you help me to get a professional membership. Please explain me with details as well as full instruction.
    Regards,
    Maddy...
    Last edited by Dad; 06-17-2013 at 07:18 AM.

[QUOTE=Trippyne01;8951841]Hi Pauls,
    Can you help me to get a professional membership. Please explain me with details as well as full instruction.
    Regards,
    Maddy...

Welcome to the site,

Glad to have you join us...below is a link that will instruct you on how to apply for a pro membership. Nobody can help you in this as it is all up to the membership committee.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....21#post8110521

Good luck.
    Last edited by Dad; 06-17-2013 at 07:19 AM.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

rses

jpsmith you have a rses logo is there a chapter in Butler. I was in the Pgh branch.

Artie

I am a member of the Pittsburgh chapter.

Since it is a 70 mile one way trip, I've never made a meeting. Went to a conference to take the CM, but that has been it thus far.

I've often thought of trying to start up a chapter in the Youngstown area. I'm in New Castle and it is a short hop for me.

thank you

We are just down the road rt422 I go back to the days of marylin and richard Roth. Marylin was always really nice to me. When I moved to Butler it was to difficult to get to the meetings. I do miss them. How about Ed Messa or Charlie Scott.

Artie H.

training

JpSmith
    Most of my formal training came from RSES or IAEI in Pgh. Fran Sanders from Carrier was my reference but you can tell we are talking about the 70's. The city inspections and the Boca codes later Cabo made for some very interesting jobs. The plot plans for the property also changed alot of our jobs. The real turning point was the EPA requirements.

Artie H.

artie what area of butler are you frpm ?? im near clearview mall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast