Thread: csa ltd kuwait

anyone here worked for/applied/know anyone working for CSA LTD.in Kuwait. Would appreciate any good or bad feedback

I dont know, But

Keep us posted! a Heidi Brisson tried to Recruit me before , but I changed my mind and found a job, should ve left! but i dont want to die for oil tycoon's getting richer off of my blood and sweat!

I recently turned them down for these reasons:

1. You have to pass a physical at a Kuwait Gov't medical clinic in order to get your residency visa and work permit. If you don't pass, you have to leave the country which means you have already packed up, left the US behind and then have to go back.

2. The wages are non-FICA.

3. The money verbally qouted and the mnney in the written offer were different by a few grand. You can probably guess which was which.

4. The compmany IS NOT a US company, they are registered in the Cayman Islands. Translation- they could get you over there, refuse to pay you as stated, and you wouldn't have much recourse.

5. The work week is 48 hours comprised of 4 ten hour days and 1 eight hour day. The hourly rate worked out to something like $14.58. [No, they weren't kidding. I asked]

To their credit, they were up front about everything except the difference in the verbally qouted money and the amount in the written offer. They send you a specimen copy of the contract [that you sign in Kuwait btw] for your perusal. After reading it, I simply told them it didn't meet my requirements. Hiedi sounds ok and they may be on the up and up, but I saw too many potential trouble spots in between the lines. The offer is like $36k plus $13k per diem. You have to pay for your own meals out of the per diem. According to Heidi, you could save $15 to $20 per day of the per diem if you eat your meals on the base. The work is based out of Camp Doha in Kuwait.

[Edited by jhd1234 on 03-22-2005 at 04:52 PM]

I appreciate the feedback. Had a conversation with heidi brisson mysel very much as you described. have not been able to locate anyone that has actually worked ther and would like to know more....thanks for the help

I haven't been able to locate anyone either but I might take the plunge since I'm no longer working the service manager job I had in FL.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Maybe ,just maybe,"dberol" doesn't live in St Louis.Maybe he is single and doesn't own a home or can rent it out while he's there,etc. etc..

did they offer to pay for the trip to kuwait?

Yes, they fly you over on their nickel.

So jhd1234 any new thoughts on this. still thinking of going?