Thread: New Member

I usually don't post. I usually just read, but to get to the Tips and Tricks forumn you have to post a minimum of 15 times??? So I guess an intro would start me off.

I bought a small apartment complex back in Nov. Built in 1965, I have grand plans to modernize the place. I need to keep the central A/C's (21 of them) for the apartments installed in the 1980 going for one more year. I been knowing refrigeration theory forever, but this is my first real application.

To do things right, I passed my 608 exams back in Nov and bought a few pieces of equipment. I figure I will start learning on my 15 year old house A/C and move that knowledge on down the road.

I hope I when/if I post questions, I get some good advice and thanks in advance.

How do you add a Sig?

The profile does not have a link. I will check the stickies, but is that post count thing?

Welcome.

Hope you have enjoyed your reading here on the site!

Yes that post does count, but spam post's will not count. You will get great advice, but if you qualify for pro membership you will get even better, more technicial advice.

Glad to have you aboard!

Enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmcameron View Post
    The profile does not have a link. I will check the stickies, but is that post count thing?

Hi there.

I do believe that after you apply and qualify for pro membership status, after 15 posts, then you will have rights to personal settings such as signatures and private messaging. So you know, have your educational documents and epa certifications if no verifiable employment history in this field ready to use on your application and give it up to a week once you apply for a decision. Could be a few days, I just say a week for good measure. Also, state registry in this trade helps.

Welcome.

Just so you know, there is more to gaining access to the pro's forums than just posting 15 times.

There is an application process that you have to go through to prove your bona-fides as a tradesman.

Makes since.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    Hi there.

I do believe that after you apply and qualify for pro membership status, after 15 posts, then you will have rights to personal settings such as signatures and private messaging. So you know, have your educational documents and epa certifications if no verifiable employment history in this field ready to use on your application and give it up to a week once you apply for a decision. Could be a few days, I just say a week for good measure. Also, state registry in this trade helps.

Welcome.
    That makes since.

Welcome to the site,

Hope you enjoy the forums. Keeping them apartment units going will be chore, I am sure.

Take care,

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

I usually don't post. I usually just read, but to get to the Tips and Tricks forumn you have to post a minimum of 15 times??? So I guess an intro would start me off.

I bought a small apartment complex back in Nov. Built in 1965, I have grand plans to modernize the place. I need to keep the central A/C's (21 of them) for the apartments installed in the 1980 going for one more year. I been knowing refrigeration theory forever, but this is my first real application.

To do things right, I passed my 608 exams back in Nov and bought a few pieces of equipment. I figure I will start learning on my 15 year old house A/C and move that knowledge on down the road.

I hope I when/if I post questions, I get some good advice and thanks in advance.
    Welcome!

15 posts is a start, then you just need to send in a membership app.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=703121

edit; got this post in late before the others showed up

That makes since.
    Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    Since when?
    You got me. College grad and my grammer still needs work.

You got me. College grad and my grammer still needs work.
    Hey, no worries man, it happens to everyone.

Yeah, all the info that you provide on the application will have to be verified before you are accepted as a pro so the more accurate the information you provide is, the sooner you have a chance of gaining pro membership. I will also say that it is well worth the anticipation as this site is nothing short of a wealth of revolving and constantly emerging, evolving intelligence.

Welcome aboard.