Thread: lookig for answers

Post Likes
    i will be takeing the nate test anyway because i have to
    is it what they say and insure a higher quality of techs and filter out the want to be tech like i have been told many times by lenox and trane reps. or is it just more hipe all the manufactors came up with bacause they can
    need imput to see if my negative attitude is justified or not
    thanks

Post Likes
    need imput to see if my negative attitude is justified or not
    thanks
    My sig line at the bottom of my posts read: "Attitude Determines Altitude".

It's true. And trust me, I don't say that from an ivory tower. I say it from first hand experience.

When my attitude was "Aw what the *&%# do I need to do all that for? I'm doing all right", I was blinding myself to all that I really needed to know.

If you set it in your mind to study hard so you can do well on the NATE or any other exam you might take, how will that play out to be a bad outcome? You'll gain knowledge, you'll be certified (which you can put on your resume), and you'll have expanded your envelope of experience in the HVAC world.

I've read and heard all the naysaying against NATE and other tests like it, but my personal experience is that I benefitted far more from preparing and taking such a test than I did by just blowing it off as as waste of cash and time.

It's all about attitude...
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    How can getting a cert be a bad thing? Your boss may not pay you more for it, but to someone it'll be benificial. They'll see you are furthering your education and willing to keep on top of all the new things.

But, that being said, just being NATE certified doesn't make you a good tech. Big difference from putting it on paper vs doing it with your hands.

And, I'm not certified, wouldn't even dream of trying yet. I'm clawing my way into the service side of things as we speak and meeting a lot of resistance... so take my advice for what you will.

Post Likes
    thank you for your respones
    takeing the test is not my consern. iwill be takeing it anyway and sure i will pass. just to be on safe side and save myself a lot ribbing from the guys and have been studying also. i will be takeing core. gas heat. and heat punp. and a couple others as time goes on. would be alot of fun for the guys if thier service manager failed. also wouldnt make me look to good eitherlol.
    amickracing i wish you luck with service. it is not easy to go from install to service. if you come to jersey and i have room for one more you would get your chance. guys wanting to learn and work for it are hard to find.
    my real question is
    i have been told nate will turn the industrie arround weed out the bad and only have room for the good
    does anyone think this could happen or is it just hipe
    wouldnt it be better to have nate certified techs and lienced contractors instead.
    we are about the only trade not licenced. am told nate is almost the same thing do you think so

Post Likes
    let us know when you pass the test

Post Likes

Post Likes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in