Thread: Comfortmaker Gas Pac GPFM

Post Likes
    Two months old and combustion motor went bad. Changed it.

Combustion motor came back on without a call for heat and will not shut off. Checked the limits. One is manual roll out and another auto at the indoor fan motor. Gas valve opens and shuts from the thermostat. First one of these I have installed... looks like a Carrier. I suspect a micro relay on the board. Any ideas?

Post Likes
    Yeah. Change the board. Sometimes when the combustion motor goes south it also takes out the board.

BTW, what was wrong with the motor in the first place? Locked up & pulling high amps?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by special ed
    Yeah. Change the board. Sometimes when the combustion motor goes south it also takes out the board.

BTW, what was wrong with the motor in the first place? Locked up & pulling high amps?
    Open...slight discoloring on the schematic that is close to it. Thanks..

Post Likes
    Anytime.

I think Carrier bought out ICP which makes Comfortmaker, didn't they?

Post Likes
    Yes and I think this is a Carrier RTU

Post Likes
    No, that is not correct.

UT (United Technologies) who owns the Carrier Corp. bought ICP. They are not the same units.

Some of the units are made in the same factory, but assembled on completely different lines.

So, anything that falls under Carrier is similar, and anything that falls under ICP is similar.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jultzya
    No, that is not correct.

UT (United Technologies) who owns the Carrier Corp. bought ICP. They are not the same units.

Some of the units are made in the same factory, but assembled on completely different lines.

So, anything that falls under Carrier is similar, and anything that falls under ICP is similar.

You are correct. Everyone thinks Carrier bought ICP and that is NOT correct. UT is the owner.

Post Likes
    Uh, ok.

If I owned Chevy & then I bought Ford, wouldn't I be considered the owner of both companies? I think so. And if you think UT isn't gonna incorporate some parts into both co.'s you'd be high. Watch. Wait. You'll see.

Post Likes
    Does this mean that because 'Red Lobster' and 'The Olive Garden' are owned by the same company, that they serve the same menu? (I think not!)

Look, I didn't say 'EVERYTHING' is and was different, I simple stated the correct buying party. And that the unit he is working on is NOT a Carrier product!

Further you asked 'If I owned Chevy & then I bought Ford, wouldn't I be considered the owner of both companies?'

Yes, you would be the owner of both, but that's not the same as Chevy buying out Ford. This is what was stated before and it was WRONG. Shareholders and other things here makes it all different.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in