Hybrid View

Im starting to get closer at understanding the HVAC options we have and now we seem to have narrowed it down to 2 very capable contractors, both well quallified, both offering 10 year Parts and Labor warranties, both offer service 24/7 and both are good companies. Now one of the contractors are selling the Trane XLi products, the other offering Lennox Elite heat pump systems and air handlers. The Trane is a 14 seer the Lennox as configured a 13seer approach. The systems are as follow 5 ton, 2 1/2 ton and a 2 1/2ton in the studio. All calcs were computer generated and Manual J right off the plans. The down stairs came out to be 4.7 Ton..

So, now I have to decided, Trane or Lennox.. Both Good (my last house was Lennox, no problems at all in 13 years).

So, what do you guys think?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Either one should make you a great system,with the proper design,installation and servic after then sale.

Of course,I'd go with an Infinity,but that's just me.Good luck!

i install and service both brands and have been a trane tech since the 80 and a lenox tech since the 80 to
    thay are both good brands and have a very good rep
    the only answer i can give about witch will work better is flip a coin either one will make you happy as long as it is installed corectly.

ask if after hours cost extra during the warrenty, some companys charge after 5pm and weekends

The one I talked to today said no..

Ok, thanks for the reminder, the contractor I spoke with today said they do not charge extra, but asked that we be reasonible.. I can understand that..

Actually, I purchased my first home in 1976, second one in 81, the next one in 87 and then the last one in 91, (custom built the last 2) Honestly, I don't rember once where we had any problems at all, so either Im just lucky or the systems were installed right and I choose the right contractor. It would be intersting to see the statistics on the units today.. are they that questionable that people really should buy the extended warranties?

Dave