Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIXED RATE WATER HEATER RENTALS

Post Likes

Lightbulb

FIXED RATE WATER HEATER RENTALS

As an independent small business owner you know first hand the challenges of meeting the needs of your customer’s and employees while generating a profit. At morEnergy we know and understand these difficulties, we are independent business owners too.

morEnergy is dedicated to the contractor community. Our primary objective is to design and deliver programs that allow you to increase sales and profits while you compete with larger well funded competitors.

We recognize that your role is critical and vital in delivering the best possible service. We are committed to working with you.

For additional inforamation please post your question here or give us a call at 1-905-306-8180 http://www.morEnergy.ca

Post Likes

?

Can-a-Da what a mess. you rent movies.... buy waterheaters.

Post Likes
    Not sure what you mean ?

Post Likes
    reminds me of the time I first saw a tire rental store. I burst out laughing.

Post Likes
    Most people in ontario rent there water heater from the utilities, only they are usually subjected to an annual rate increase. Rental of your water heater and other HVAC products is worry free as it includes parts a labour for ten years. As a contractor you are guarenteed the service work, it's a win win for both the contrator and the customer. As for tire rentals that is funny, I wonder how that works.

Post Likes
    It's true that most water tanks are rentals in Ontario.

How are you different from direct and what they offer?

Post Likes

Re: ?

Originally posted by Hroper
    Can-a-Da what a mess. you rent movies.... buy waterheaters.
    We may rent water tanks but we also dont have many homeowners trying to do their own hvac. We need a licence to do work in all provinces, not sure we're all that meesed

Post Likes
    From a contractors point of view our program allows you to keep your customers instead of feeding the competition. You get all the service work and retain a personal relationship with the customer, something that does not occur with other programs.

The water heater is often overlooked and passed onto the larger companies that then use your customer’s information to sell them other products, do you get those lead?

As for the customer, they are guaranteed piece of mind worry free operation of their equipment as parts and service are included in there low fixed monthly rate.

There are other features that benefit the customer and contractor, let me know if you have any other questions

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Have you thought about paying for an ad on this site?I'm sure Boss or BC ,will be suggesting what a could idea it would be.

Post Likes
    Thanks that's a good idea any idea how I go about doing that

Post Likes

Post Likes
    How many Canadian contractors use this forum?

Post Likes
    How many Canadian contractors use this forum?

Post Likes
    Interesting. I've not heard of this either, but hey, Canada always did have interesting ways of doing things.

What I have heard of, though never seen offered locally, are leased heating and cooling services. In effect, you contract with a company to keep your space within a range of temperatures specified in your contract. They install the equipment and pay the utilities used for the heating and cooling (yes, separate or sub-meters). It's their job to determine the optimum balance of purchase cost and operating cost, maintenance cost versus increased utility consumption, and when to replace older equipment in favor of higher efficiency. If they get it right, they make money, and if they get it wrong, they don't. Somebody doing this could apply heavy-duty business science and research to questions that are normally decided by homeowners with very little information.

Also odd, but available locally, is carpet services. This is intended for commercial applications, where it normally doesn't last all that long. You contract with a company to provide carpet for a (long) period of time. If/when it wears out, it's their responsibility to replace it. This was dreamed up by a Georgia Tech textile guru who wanted to find a mechanism to really push carpet makers to work harder on durability issues. That way their ability to profit is directly related to how well their product holds up.

I'm not arguing that these are good or bad ideas. They're just interesting concepts to consider because of the way they alter the usual economics of these operation/repair/replacement decisions.

[Edited by wyounger on 03-21-2005 at 11:13 AM]

Post Likes
    True, the main difference between renting and lease to own is the rental side includes parts and labour for ten years or in other terms worry free operation. In the U.S what do people do when they need a new water heater of furnace?

Post Likes
    They either buy one at retail and install it themselves, or they hire a plumber to procure one and install it for them. Either way, it's universally owned. The renting thing is unheard of here.

Post Likes
    Hvac equipment change outs are usually due to an emergency or breakdown, most people do not have the ability to pay up front, wouldn't this program make sense. What do you do with people that can't afford a new tank installation? What about labour and parts protection?

Post Likes
    Homeowners can typically afford the relatively small price of a water heater $250 and up or so. I'm just a homeowner and have replaced my own. The hard part is lifting the old one filled with sediment out.

Most of the people that can't afford the outlay of a water heater are in a rental unit where their landlord has to fix it.

Otherwise, I guess they put it on a credit card or wait until next payday. No different than car repairs.

Post Likes
    I'm personally interested in going tankless next time I gotta change out that 50 gallon pig in my house (if I still live there). For certain in the house I will build myself in the future, it will have a tankless unit in it.

Here in the States it wouldn't be cost effective to rent a water heater, as cheap as they can be found at the local big box home center. I can pick a decent gas model up for under 300 dollars, pop it in with whatever minimal piping and flue changes necessary, and be set for another ten or so years. If I bothered to drain it now and then I might be able to stretch that time out a little longer.

I couldn't imagine renting a tank at say ten bucks a month that would wed me to a payment for as long as I lived in the house, when I could pay out of pocket and be done with it for awhile. Let's say I lived in a house for twenty years. At ten bucks a month over twenty years, that's $2,400.00 American dollars pissed away on a hot water heater. The home center job, replaced twice in twenty years, might set me back $600.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    A few years ago I was looking at a "deal" like this that some HVAC contractor was advertising in this area. I even managed to get a salesman to shoot some numbers at me for what the monthly payment would be.
    With thier setup, the payments included parts and labor for repairs for 15 years. At the end of the 15 years, you got a new system and higher payments, or your payments stopped and you kept the old system.

I don't have the actual numbers anymore, but at the time, the payments over 15 years for a basic 12 SEER system added up to more than enough to buy a Lennos HS21 2 speed system with a 2 stage 90% furnace with a Space Guard filter, UV light, humidifier and zone controls and new duct system.
    With what was left over you could replace the compressor, condensor fan motor, varriable speed blower module, furnace control board, 2 speed controller, zone controller and inducer fan at least once each going by the flat rates of the company I worked for at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in