Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok, what is the best program to make your own graphics?

I have Paint shop pro and visio but my graphics look like a preschooler drew them, any opinions, ideas, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Visio will be 2d without a plugin.

Paint will be a daunting task,

I would just try to copy someone elses without breaking there copyright.

We use paint shop pro and microsoft paint for the workstation and use
    Visio to create control drawings. Paint shop is good for 2D after you get the hang of it. There is a lot you can do with gradients and transperancies. We need to get into 3D. It would be nice to buy a cd of 3D equipment-chillers,cooling towers, pumps. I know some manufacturers have something but its hard to find good quality. Maybe you can post an example of your graphics for us to see what you dealing with. Also what does your graphic editor allow you to us-bitmaps,jpegs,gifs.

Good Luck

You guys should stop wasting your time and go to Pixel Perfect Graphics

Some of the best HVAC related graphics in the industry.

If you really want to do it yourself try some of the Macromedia products. However, finding people to put together a library for you is much easier.

Originally posted by sysint

If you really want to do it yourself try some of the Macromedia products. However, finding people to put together a library for you is much easier.

Thanks for that link sysint. Just what I have been looking for. I need someone with those very creative skills to generate a series of graphics for me. Thanks again.

Norm

Hey sys, what Macromedia software are you talking about? I looked around but really couldnt tell which one was made for graphics(in our instances)

Another thing, with Pixel Perfect, do they custom make each screen sys or can you purchase a gallery of stencils and do it yourself

Are they cost effective on small jobs, say 8 fan coil controllers, are only for larger jobs.

Thanks for the input

Joey- Send out an email. Jeff posts here occasionally and he used to be a technician.... (I guess you never actually stop being a tech...

Anyway, I'm sure you could ask him what he uses and what stencils and agreement he will make. Usually when you work with a graphic artist and want to own the work it costs more than signing their "use agreement" which typically identifies them and the work and it's use.

Originally posted by joey791
    Ok, what is the best program to make your own graphics?

I have Paint shop pro and visio but my graphics look like a preschooler drew them, any opinions, ideas, etc?
    Actually, with Visio and a decent paint program one can do a credible job. IF ... one has artistic talent and/or lots of time. I've done it. Building custom Visio shapes. Using the "pattern" properties to pattern and fill with colors where needed. Then export as a bitmap or whatever. And use a good paint program to touch it all up, add shadows, blend colors, etc.

But ,,, I've got the artistic talent of the average rock. Results look good, if I'm given plenty of time to dink with the pictures. But it's a struggle, for me. Haven't any art training, and no natural talent.

Good graphics man or woman can add a certain ... extra look to the graphics, that adds a bit more attractiveness to them. And can do it fast. Far faster than I could dream of it. Oh, I can turn out a clean, neat line drawing in a heart beat. But it's nothing to be proud of. Professional ... but ordinary. Know what I mean?

Sysint has a good suggestion. I don't know the company he mentioned. But can wholeheartedly suggest spending some dollars for professional work by a graphic artist. It makes a real difference.

In the case of the company for which I work. We bought a library package from a professional outfit. Paid a bit extra for them to add some distinctive touches, as versus standard library they sold. Nothing fancy. We prefer neat, clean uncluttered graphics. But one of the changes was some color changes to incorporate company colors. Just enough so one can look and immediately see it's our graphics.

We don't have that graphics vendor actually create the screens. We do that in house. But using their library, results are startling better, not to mention more consistant, than when we used to start from scratch. Faster to assemble a screen, also. Time to time we've had em add to the library. When we come up with a new need that they'd never done before.

Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by sysint

NICE!
    I can put 3dsmax away now...

Another source for great 3D graphics

Hey everyone here is another great resource for front end graphics.

http://www.edgedestination.com

They are very competitively priced and well worth the time to check them out. They are a fairly large graphics company, so they could probably handle large work loads better then some of the smaller guys.

Thought I would pass it on.

Thx

You can check my company at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have really quick turn around and the best price for graphics.
    Last edited by Admin; 03-13-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Hey Alper your a day late and a dollar short
    You actually sell graphics to the controls company I rep for, I probably will be contacting you down the road for some custom stuff, you do a great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast