Anotther egregious government plan

STANFORD, Calif. - President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.
    And then you have FCC having authority over the internet to shut it down.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said.
    There will be no escape...you will be monitored wherever you go...you will be assimilated.

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."
    Of course it's a government controlled system. Your not getting my passwords and as soon as this program metastasizes into your national identity digital signature being required to get on the internet Gib's wont be surfing the internet anymore.

The Govt. is turning in 1984 and the Twilight Zone all rolled into one.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

it's only a matter of time before the social engineers move on this, it's all about control
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot