Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    As I have said here before, Obama is a corporatist and is a mild Bush lite. Almost all the laws past in the last Congress favors the corporations.

Healthcare was a done deal with big pharma and the health insurance companies blessing before the debate ever began. Remember single payer advocates were physically thrown out of the commitee meetings. The bill is bad and should be repealed. Problem is The Republicans have no answers.

So, instead of focusing on our real problems the new republican controlled House is reading the Constitution out loud on the floor and then they will try to repeal the healthcare law. None of this will create one job for Americans. There is no chance they can repeal the healthcare law. They are wasting time.

After they try to repeal healthcare I heard the House will break for a well deserved vacation. Maybe they can get a few pesky medical problems taken care of using their excellent government provided healthcare during the break.

Speaker Boehner, I have a guestion for you. The same one you have asked many times. WERE ARE THE JOBS???

Get to work and stop trying to apease your base. Also, stop crying all the time YOU JACK WAGON.
    You know I don't really expect much from Boehner either,just more political bantering and twisting on the multiple spin trail.

If I did'nt know better its like playing poker with a rigged deck. Jokers for the middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    As I have said here before, Obama is a corporatist and is a mild Bush lite. Almost all the laws past in the last Congress favors the corporations.

Healthcare was a done deal with big pharma and the health insurance companies blessing before the debate ever began. Remember single payer advocates were physically thrown out of the commitee meetings. The bill is bad and should be repealed. Problem is The Republicans have no answers.

So, instead of focusing on our real problems the new republican controlled House is reading the Constitution out loud on the floor and then they will try to repeal the healthcare law. None of this will create one job for Americans. There is no chance they can repeal the healthcare law. They are wasting time.

After they try to repeal healthcare I heard the House will break for a well deserved vacation. Maybe they can get a few pesky medical problems taken care of using their excellent government provided healthcare during the break.

Speaker Boehner, I have a guestion for you. The same one you have asked many times. WERE ARE THE JOBS???

Get to work and stop trying to apease your base. Also, stop crying all the time YOU JACK WAGON.
    Wow what "corporatist" wants to destroy the American economy? Forbid the mining, exploration and recovering of our almost unlimited supply of fossil fuel. What "corporatist" wants to stop power plants from using cheap coal with new massive EPA draconian regulations.

In general what "corporatist" is anti American like Obama. Anti military, anti private enterprise and pro big government. Please go sell your pro Obama "corporatist" somewhere where the average IQ is a low like among Democrats and Obama worshipers. Thank you, than you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Teacher View Post
    see my new toy in my avatar. No it's not a Les Paul Custom! Apparently this is beneath a majority of people.

Dude I play and I would give my neighbors eye teeth for a 1957 Gibson Birdland guitar. I do know where one in rough shape is too! It hasn't been played in 60 years, just sitting in this old guys garage on the back seat of his vintage Barracuda.

I played a video of George Benson playing Masquerade and I see he was using an Ibenez hollow body. A little web surfin and they still make 'em. $3ooo or so.

Rock on....

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

If I could justify 3000,00 for a guitar, I would treat myself. My hobbie is picking up low end ones & customizing (kind of a crusade). That Slammer (Hamer) set me back 60 bucks & after 45 more, it plays like a dream.

If the "old guy" ever wants to empty out his Barracuda, I am definitely interested!
    Gettin pretty good fixxin up just about anything.

Bensen's been playing those Ibenez's for a while now. I think his model came out in the 80's.

Sorry for hijacking guys!

I'm sorry if I PO'ed anyone.
    I was raised lower middle class & grew up appreciating the basics in life.

"We can't afford it" was drilled in all my life.

Sometimes I sound like an old coot / just my opinions.

Thank You Mom & Dad, you prepared me well! It's like they knew this was commin!
    +1 On this comment......

My father was the President of a small savings and loan company. He always drilled into me that you only take a loan on a home, but when you do, take the smallest loan possible, and pay the mortgage off as soon as possible.

For all other expenses, the motto was "If you can't pay cash for it, you don't need it, or you can't afford it".

Thanks PHB!

I thought I was all alone.

"We can't afford it" is not part of everyday vocabulary anymore.

How many of our customers can't afford a new furnace but when you look around, you see:flat screen, laptop, XBox, SUV, Blackberry ..........................

No wonder we are in this mess!

Did a job at a welfare office & everyone in line had a cell phone!

Thanks PHB!

I thought I was all alone.

"We can't afford it" is not part of everyday vocabulary anymore.

How many of our customers can't afford a new furnace but when you look around, you see:flat screen, laptop, XBox, SUV, Blackberry ..........................

No wonder we are in this mess!
    The problem is that people think that they are entitled to a flat screen TV, laptop, XBox, SUV, Blackberry, ad infinitum.

No one knows how to save money anymore. Adding to this problem is the fact that people don't know how to take care of their personal property anymore to make it last longer. The stuff we throw out to the trash these days......sheesh. My grandparents would roll over in their graves.

My girlfriend called me a "hoarder"!

Until,: Her furnace blower went out on a sunday night!

Good show OP!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12