The Winner of the Traitor Lottery

Social Security

Ida May Fuller, the first recipient

The first monthly payment was issued on January 31, 1940 to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. In 1937, 1938 and 1939 she paid a total of $24.75 into the Social Security System. Her first check was for $22.54. After her second check, Fuller already had received more than she contributed over the three-year period. She lived to be 100 and collected a total of $22,888.92.

gee, i wonder why they don't pay those kind of payouts anymore.

gee, i wonder if FDR and the government KNEW payouts like this weren't going to last.

gee, i wonder if payouts like this were buying support for a corrupt program.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post

Social Security

Ida May Fuller, the first recipient

The first monthly payment was issued on January 31, 1940 to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. In 1937, 1938 and 1939 she paid a total of $24.75 into the Social Security System. Her first check was for $22.54. After her second check, Fuller already had received more than she contributed over the three-year period. She lived to be 100 and collected a total of $22,888.92.

gee, i wonder why they don't pay those kind of payouts anymore.

gee, i wonder if FDR and the government KNEW payouts like this weren't going to last.

gee, i wonder if payouts like this were buying support for a corrupt program.

Nothing strange about that. That was one of the first and very sucessful Democratic vote buying schemes to bankruppt us and gain votes by our firist "Marxist" President FDR. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater