What did you think of BonAire? War Dept. have a good time? Did ya see any tortuga's while you were diving? Them and Sharks make my day.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts
    What did you think of BonAire? War Dept. have a good time? Did ya see any tortuga's while you were diving? Them and Sharks make my day.
    Bonaire is a super nice island. Being a Dutch colony everything is European in tradition and flavor. But they drive on the right side of the road. The place reminds of me of Arizona with an Ocean.

They have one good wreck dive. There are 60 dive sites all along the coast. Part of the package was a Toyota club cab pick-up. They have a drive thur at the resort so you can pick up tanks 24/7. I got in 8 (mostly boat)reef dives. Only one turtle, a couple of morray and some barracuda. Nothing spectacular but colorful and easy.

If I went again I would not go solo because it was hard to hook up with a buddy. I was fortunate to met a guy around my age who is a writer for a scuba diving magizine in Switzerland. He was on assignment and had 1400 dives under his belt.

All there is to do is eat, drink, sleep and DIVE. Very relaxing time to be sure. I'll get some pictures up here.

"When I retire," I told the War Dept.,"I am going back down there and pump down all of those ductless splits. Cut off all of the excess coils of line sets. Then make a living selling the scrap copper." Everywhere you look is a ductless split 'thrown' in.

[Edited by benncool on 03-16-2005 at 05:21 PM]

Nice story-

If ya want to go back- I'll dive with ya!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Got pix of the extra copper for the wall of shame?? :-)