Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quiting is easy and I have quit many times.

I quit for a month to win a new softball bat. Drank that O'doulls crap instead. Vowed to never quit again, then a judge sentenced me to rehab and that sucked too. First stop upon my release was the local watering hole.
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Pretty much gave up drinking 27 years ago. Now its not that I never have alcohol but I never really cared for beer so it was pretty much mixed drinks. When I first started in business for myself that pretty much ended the drinking being I was on call pretty much 24 hours a day. I always felt that if I did get a dui that it would be a pain asking the taxi driver if I could put my ladder on his car. To be honest I guess I would rather have a can of pop then Alcohol after seeing how it has screwed up a lot of friends lives that I have known over the years. Not that it does everyone but some just cant handle it.

quit drinking for a month?

Can I spread it out over the year?

I'm with Dec I don't drink very often, no problems or anything I just don't drink.

Maybe guys like me and Dec should drink for a month once a year or so.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I don't know anybody who does that...but I could. I just choose not to.
    Get back to work.

Clink-a-link-a-link..."Oohh, frosty mug, eh?" PSSSttt...Blub-lub-lub-lub-lub..."HHmmm" Glug-gug-gug-gug-gug.."*Smack* HAahhhh.." Bang-Clink-a-link-a-link.."Best diet Coke I've had today. Bring on the suicide wings!"
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

one of my ex apprentices does that. every year he quits for lent. been going on since at least 1994 that i know of. he is a low temp chilller guy for york now, and this year i guess it all got to him because he called me last week on a short, midweek vacation to the keys. he two wayed me from a bar called lauralies(spelling?) to let me know about it. thank god, he was just being too miserable while off the sauce.

You know Id quit drinking but no one likes a quitter
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

i don't drink anymore.

of course i don't drink any less.

Rehab is for quitters...

Tried it for a month 5 years ago and it stuck. No booze since March 24th 2000

My goal was no drinking in January

I made it 6 days.
    We went skiing the first weekend and ended up at a beautiful restaurant the Saturday night.
    It just seemed uncivilzed to eat a fresh Oysters Rockefeller appetizer and Duck Confit main course without a couple glasses of white wine.
    And if you go that far, might as well have a Spanish Coffee to finish the evening.
    The following Wednesday was a stunning come from behind victory for our curling team so you HAVE to celebrate with a cold beer.
    Next weekend the boys wanted to buy me beers on payday and....
    well you get the picture.

[Edited by Collin on 03-17-2005 at 02:14 AM]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast