Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I quit drinking for a month and without a word of a lie that was 13 years ago today. Best thing I ever did.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I don't drink, never liked it,haven't had a beer in 12 years,do have a little egg nog around the holidays.

Re: My goal was no drinking in January

Originally posted by Collin
    I made it 6 days.
    We went skiing the first weekend and ended up at a beautiful restaurant the Saturday night.
    It just seemed uncivilzed to eat a fresh Oysters Rockefeller appetizer and Duck Confit main course without a couple glasses of white wine.
    And if you go that far, might as well have a Spanish Coffee to finish the evening.
    The following Wednesday was a stunning come from behind victory for our curling team so you HAVE to celebrate with a cold beer.
    Next weekend the boys wanted to buy me beers on payday and....
    well you get the picture.

[Edited by Collin on 03-17-2005 at 02:14 AM]
    This is the kind of guy I have more respect for. The kind that knows he has a problem and a monkey on his back.

There are two French Canadian brothers who run a big time very successful paving business here in town. During the summer they work sun up to sun down. They are also notorious partyers.

Every year they give up drinking for Lent. I asked if it was because of religious tradition. The one brother told me, "Nah!, we have a bunch of equipment that we have to get ready before the season. If we get into the sh!t it will never get done."

Re: Re: My goal was no drinking in January

Originally posted by James 3528

This is the kind of guy I have more respect for. The kind that knows he has a problem and a monkey on his back.
    If you have a monkey on your back, might as well make him your friend.
    The only REAL problem I have is when the beer farts prevent me from getting a little cuddle time with my honey.

Re: Re: Re: My goal was no drinking in January

The only REAL problem I have is when the beer farts prevent me from getting a little cuddle time with my honey.
    You are right..there is nothing worse than a woman with beer farts under the sheets!

Re: Re: Re: Re: My goal was no drinking in January

You are right..there is nothing worse than a woman with beer farts under the sheets!
    Who mentioned a woman?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123