Thread: ycaj

ycaj

hello alll good luck in 2011 , noticed a strange thing on a ycaj , 68f water , 42f setpoint , one circuit running , other reading "no cool load" , I found that very odd, any thoughts? processor? disabled somehow? thanks stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Seem kinda strange that at 68 deg.f your not even calling to run , is toggle switch on mirco turned on. Have you tryed to pump down the one thats running and start the one that isn't also you can go into micro and flip the lead /lag sequence not that its going to have much effect on it just going to change the way it starts. the part that is questionable is its not even calling to start so I would at least ensure that it at least does this first one way or another.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Something else to look at is the rate sensitivity to call for the second stage what that is set for in the micro processor , and also if the micro is set for leaving chilled water setpoint not entering chilled water setpoint you never know what people are thinking when they are setting these things up that is a dip switch setting or how run conditions may change just a thought.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Rate of temperature fall was greater than your rate sensitivity setpoint (shortly after the compressor reached fully loaded in this case). With that kind of temperature error from set point, it shouldn't take long for the next comp to come on.

thanks guys ; dipswitch master on micro may be likely , was just a walk through , Ill check it next time i am there and let you know, stan

you need to watch conditions (operation button I think) enter thru each step of coditions, watching pump down timers and load/ unload timers. It wont start second comp until 3rd stage of loading. if unload timer starts at 150 seconds and drops to 20 seconds before 3rd stage, then you are exceeding rate sensitivity.
    Check program button and see what thats at (Rate Sensitivity), verify the LWT sensor isnt bouncing faulty readings.
    If rate sens is 3-5 deg F/min and you are exceeding that with 2 steps of loading, start looking at your flowrate.
    Let us know

got it,

also check what control mode your in, if its entering water and the entering sensor is bad (reading low) it will never load up regardless of leaving temp.