YR Opinions or Ideas

Checked on a YR today that has been running without incident until now. The chiller is off on low oil pressure differential and the oil level in the seperator sump is a little less than halfway on the lower sight glass. When I checked the history the condensor water temp on failure was only 58 degrees supply .

I would like to have the oil at a higher level before restarting the unit and was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to accomplish this without running the unit or should I add more and remove it as oil returns.

There is a YK on site that handles the low condensor water temp easier and was planning on raising the tower setpoint (and verifing it) and running the YK to bring the basin temp up prior to starting the YR. The YK is twice the tonnage so I would like to get the smaller unit back on line.

Opinions and/or ideas welcome.
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

Run it.

After what I've seen happen to a different brands journal bearings from someones reset finger in action I'm just a little nervous about being guilty of the same mistake.

Hope you can appreciate my caution.

You're only talking about resetting it once or twice, given that you're going to get the condenser water temp up using the other chiller. Plus, these are rolling element bearings - not like doing it on sleeves. You can also throttle the condenser flow back with the hand valves to lie to the YR and artificially hold the saturation temp up until it gets stable and makes its own oil pressure to avoid having to mess with the tower temps. 'Course, that won't help next time you start up. Sounds like a good candidate for head pressure control.....

Noted and thanks!

it is safe to assume it is not a decopler system! or could set valves for water flow on the yr and forget it