Frown

So I go to troubleshoot a mammoth unit that has been rigged by a coworker 3 months ago, and now had no heat. unit is going to get replaced by a seasons 4 unit, next week. Found Honeywell R4795 burner control bad. Picked up and replaced. Stood 10 ft back and a 12 ft flame (8ft height) backfired and caught me. Evidantly, found that during rig job, a jumper was installed to main gas valve from burner blower motor, so during purge cycle for 10 sec 1.5" gas line was wide open dumping gas... Boom!
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

I still hate delayed ignition problems. Especially when you dont know thier there untill you start the unit!
    never say never

It definately scared the piss out of me (not literaly, but close)
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

I hope you're going to have a long talk to this coworker about the proper way to do things and more importantly, the IMPROPER way to do things! I'm glad you didn't get hurt, this setup could've burned the building down or worse.
    R2B4BTU

Pick a nice warm day and replace all the air in his tires with 409.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

hey git r dun; did ya smell like singed hair afterwards? man I hate that smell ! sure glad you're OK, otto is right and you oughtta smack said co-worker in the noggin and explain it's just a reflex move after encountering his dangerous stunt.
    Da Threadkilla

As luck had it no damage to the face, however, eyebrows and arm hair are going to have to regrow. I'm definately going to have a discussion with him. Scary thing is that he's a smart tech (well before this), makes you wonder about someone that doesn't know any better.

I don't understand how that could happen ?

Did it blow through the inspection door?

I can picture a rumble and rough start, but where exactly did the flame roll out at,Was this a power flame burner ?