Blower Speed vs. Charge Impacts ?

Please don't read anything into this inquiry, it's just a curiousity question and nothing more...

I noticed my Carrier heat pump system has a variety of blower speed settings. One option is 10% slower for example. If the system is charged "properly" at normal blower speed and later the blower speed is lowered 10%, does that require the charge be re-balanced again?

Sonic

Not really. The most common means of demand dehumidification is dropping blower speed to 80%. Nothing the TXV can't compensate for

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    Not really. The most common means of demand dehumidification is dropping blower speed to 80%. Nothing the TXV can't compensate for
    You must be a mind-reader because what you speak of is exactly what got me thinking on the subject. From trying to chase down a problem with my new system I learned from one of the techs that coil temps and blower speed work to effect temperature which then effects pressure. If things start to get slightly out of whack it can potentially have a ripple effect, depending on the situation. So I began thinking about variable speed blowers and dehume in particular. And I got wondering if running a dehume stat that cuts blower speed could cause damage over the longer haul to the compressors from too much head pressure build-up or some such thing. Which then led me to thinking about the fact some systems (like mine) also have different heat vs. cool blower speeds. So if a charge is supposed to be balanced for a certain set of conditions (including a certain blower speed) then the charge can't very well be optimally balanced for BOTH heat AND cool if they are running at two different blower speeds. However, based on what you said it sounds like small variations in the blower speed isn't actually all that critical.

The advantage to a TXV metering device (with a properly attached sensing bulb) is to always meter the proper refrigerant (in cooling) over a wide range of Indoor and Outdoor temps and variations in blower speed.