Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And what does this really have to do with anything?

Here's a quote from one of the contributors of information concerning this article.

"I think it is silly to compare a very small "country" like Sweden in any meaningful way to larger countries. For example, I'm sure we can cherry-pick a State in the US (of similar population) that exceeds every comparative metric to Sweden (quality of life, "green-ishness", governance/corruption, debt, wealth, racial relations... Lets get real Swedish Wire!"
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I don't have the link anymore, but because of the Islamic influence and immigration, the crime rate in Sweden has skyrocketed, especially rape.

But stick with that "top ranking" it sounds great
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    And what does this really have to do with anything?

Here's a quote from one of the contributors of information concerning this article.

"I think it is silly to compare a very small "country" like Sweden in any meaningful way to larger countries. For example, I'm sure we can cherry-pick a State in the US (of similar population) that exceeds every comparative metric to Sweden (quality of life, "green-ishness", governance/corruption, debt, wealth, racial relations... Lets get real Swedish Wire!"
    Not that I put much stock into someone's ranking of governments but I think it is just as valid if not more than your 'We have the best form of government that there ever was, because it is American.' That is just plain silly. What makes it better than the British, or French, or even Sweden's form of government? Do you even know enough of other governments to be able to say yours is the best? I expect comments like that from Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Not that I put much stock into someone's ranking of governments but I think it is just as valid if not more than your 'We have the best form of government that there ever was, because it is American.' That is just plain silly. What makes it better than the British, or French, or even Sweden's form of government? Do you even know enough of other governments to be able to say yours is the best? I expect comments like that from Glenn.
    we have the 2nd Amendment.........we win
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    And the NFL.

Heard an interview with a republican congressman and he said they are willing to do exactly what I posted earlier in this thread -- refuse funding. Then when they refuse to fund it and Reid starts pissing and moaning, we can tell him, "Get over it Reid, your not getting funding."

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    x2

and the whole other parts of that document....
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Doctors will do what any business would do if they face loss of revenue, they increase their fee.

The bigger problem with Medicare and medicaid is how they pay Medical schools. Here is an excert of whats happening here

Medicare offers two streams of revenue to medical schools and teaching hospitals. One supports graduate medical education and is intended to cover a portion of faculty and residents' salaries. The other pays schools and hospitals when faculty doctors care for patients or when they personally supervise residents who do.

That setup makes Medicare vulnerable to "double dipping," or being billed twice for the same service, according to Congress' watchdog agency, the U.S.

Here's a link to the whole story

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.1a1ba92.html
    Last edited by acmanko; 01-09-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Doctors will do what any business would do if they face loss of revenue, they increase their fee.
    They should be able to, but it is not the doctors that set the fee when government health care is paying. It is the government that says what they will pay in a take it or leave it attitude. And what they do pay is significantly lower than what the going rate is for that service ( One doctor told me like 1/3 of the going rate depending on what it is). That is why so many doctors have decided to stop taking any or just a limited number of those patients. Guess who makes up for the lost income?

John Boehner (sp) said he would hold the vote to repeal Obamacare because he believes the people voted him and his party into office to do so...

I like the idea of elected officials doing exactly as the voters want them to do... not what special interests want.

IMO what is significant about Ried poo-poohing about the vote to repeal Obamacare is he will be on record as not doing as the American public wants... That, IMO, WILL come back to haunt Mr Ried.

Lets pile up the record with Dems ignoring the will of the people... and see what happens in 2012...

Oh, and the idea of stalling funding for Obamacare... Remember that ALL bills of appropriations (government spending) MUST originate in the house. If Mr Obama tries to side-step this, he is acting in error of the Constitution... that would not be wise in this political climate IMO.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Do you even know enough of other governments to be able to say yours is the best? I expect comments like that from Glenn.
    Well, now that you ask. Every single government in the world actually asked me how to set them up.

And, Glenn did ask me to say that! You must have ESPN or something.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Better than the British because we kicked them out then surpassed them.

Better than the French because our women shave

Better than Sweden because we can use hands to play Football.

Ohh, governments, never mind then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12