Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reid say's to "Get over it....

heatlthcare is not going to get repealed."

While I agree there is a very slim chance that Senate Dem's would pull from the ranks and push it onto the Pres. I still think the house should vote on it and send it to the Senate. Let's give these guy's another chance to either do the right thing or at least get them on record for the next election. I just wish the house would have new legislation on what they would replace it with. I think it would have a better chance of getting through the Senate if they had some good legislation like tort reform, pre-existing conditions etc.

That being said, just because it wont get repealed under this administration does not mean it wont under the next. I don't think this is going away anytime soon...at least I hope not.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sena...gop-should-get
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I think it is a slim chance as well, so why waste the time and resources on another vote? Seems pointless to me.

The pre-existing condition part of it is the only good thing in it as far as I am concerned.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

What you mean why waste the vote and time? It needs to be acted upon, wether it is repealed is another matter. We elected these new reps to take action not give up the fight just because we "think" it may not be repealed. I say fight on and vote to repeal.
    Saddle Up!

The main issue for me is that the parties don't want to work together for a reasonable solution. They fight with eachother about these topics and nothing gets resolved because neither side wants to compromise. It is a waste of time and resources because of this, when both parties are willing to compromise, then and only then will things actually work they are meant to. It is the only way any relationship works, so why not in politics as well?
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

He's probably correct that it won't be repealed in the next two years anyway. But the House can sure tie it up. And hopefully we'll have a government come 2012 that will have the nads to reverse this insane course.

That idiot Reid also said that as the economy gets better, the TEA party will disappear???

he said the only reason the TEA party exists is directly related to the bad economy. As the economy gets better the TEA Party won't have a reason to carry on?

I think Reid is in for a surprise
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Dave8OH1 View Post
    The main issue for me is that the parties don't want to work together for a reasonable solution. They fight with eachother about these topics and nothing gets resolved because neither side wants to compromise. It is a waste of time and resources because of this, when both parties are willing to compromise, then and only then will things actually work they are meant to. It is the only way any relationship works, so why not in politics as well?
    And that is still happening today. The democrates believe they are the government and tell the citizens what to do in place of representing the citizens.

I hope I don't have to say that in the future about the replublicans. I'm pretty sure I won't.

The vote is necessary as it set a marker in history for all responsible citizens who believe in the US that there is finally hope.

It's a slim chance but parts of obama's health care phone book can be defeated before obama is out of office.

Two judges declared the health care bill to be constitutional..but they were local judges ruling on two different private law suits brought on by individuals.

The judge who declared that part of health care is unconstitutional is a federal judge, I believe, or state judge, I forger now, and that was deciding on a suit brought on by a district attorney on behafe of his state.

That is a much more important ruling than the previous individual suits.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

As for the two political parties getting along, can we stop that notion? it is silly to believe there should be such a thing as the two getting along. they are two polar opposites fighting for their own survival through their agenda structures appeasing their supporters. The "get along" notion is just a distraction started by some bleeding heart to take attention off of the real problems and solutions.
    Saddle Up!

I have a feeling it will be a self defeating law. They are already talking about lowering the payouts to the doctors. Doctors are already pissed about not being payed what they are worth by government insurance and there are already plenty of them opting out of accepting it. If that is how they expect to save money is by cutting payouts, watch how many docs refuse to take government insurance.

Also, even though the house may not be able to repeal the law, can't they refuse funding for it? If they really wanted to make a stink, couldn't they refuse to pass a budget until the law is put through congress the right way as it should have been to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    As for the two political parties getting along, can we stop that notion? it is silly to believe there should be such a thing as the two getting along. they are two polar opposites fighting for their own survival through their agenda structures appeasing their supporters. The "get along" notion is just a distraction started by some bleeding heart to take attention off of the real problems and solutions.
    The designed principles of the Constitution put all three bodies of government at odds on purpose. And it's worked the best as compared to any other form of government on this planet until the past two years, keep in mind.

The three branches of the Federal Government are put at odd as a form of a "Balance of Power" in order to keep each other from gaining too much power AND to come to terms to the BENEFIT of the American citizens.

It's not been working for the past two years and before because our elected representative no longer represent us. The represent their own party, as you have said, they represent large business from all over the world and they represent a fixed mind set that we have never experienced before because a certain party and president is not paying any attention to the rules and regulations as listed in the Constitution of the United State.

Even if the rules are cited he and they go around them. And the citizens who hate this situation still look out only for their own best interests so no matter how much they say they hate what is happeing to this country the people will still vote for and support their own representative, hence Reid is back in office.

The writing is on the wall. It's not the government but the people who are the problem because we have a way to get rid of this situation if we start to thing about what's good for this country. But we don't, in general as proved by the November elections.

Yes, we did make some headway but all we did is create a traffice jam in Congress and the White House so they may not gain any ground but we, as a nation, will most likely continue to fight among each other as our country slips out of sight.

The form of government is not the problem. Don't throw the baby out with the wash.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

I hear you Delta...the Republic has not failed....the people failed the republic.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I hear you Delta...the Republic has not failed....the people failed the republic.
    Precisely. If our elected leaders fail to follow the instructions of the Constitution of the United States and the citizens interest we, the citizens, have a right and a clear path to remove them one by one or all together.

That right has been guaranteed us by our forefathers.

But we did not. Reid is right. He understands human nature. People will complain all they want. Protest day and night but in the end they will do what they want for themselves in place of thinking deeply as to what is good for this country.

Just look at the public school systems if you want to see where this country is headed, if we make it any further.

Before November we had one party stompin down the other party and they did a very good job of that. In the process, we, the citizens took that blunt of that stomping in the end result of killing the back bone of our abilities to make a living in the production of good and service, the backbone of America.

Now, we have the stomped on party in a place to have more input but the disease of the past two years is firmly set in congress so they will be met at every turn or suggestion with speed bumps and walls to keep congress still in a grid lock.

This will contine to keep the flow of life giving nutrients to the free economy, our jobs and our futures, to a very minimum thereby continuning the slow death or our country, it's commerce and it's greatness.

And the slow death to us on the streets will start with the most vunerable, it already has, and work it's way up the economic chain until the benefitted wealthy abandon ship for other ports of opportunities in different countries leaving plains of human dust in this nation that will make the depression look like a summer camp.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    The designed principles of the Constitution put all three bodies of government at odds on purpose. And it's worked the best as compared to any other form of government on this planet until the past two years, keep in mind.
    Sweden tops government ranking - while US lags

Sweden's open government, lack of corruption and clear laws make the country top new global government effectiveness ranking.
    http://swedishwire.com/economy/6732-...-while-us-lags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast