round fiberglass duct.
    Anyone know who manufactures round fiberglass duct? A link would be great.

Don't bother with google "round fiberglass duct" been there, done that.

thanks.

are you talking for underground? comes with a "tape" for the seams?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Not for undergroud use, for attic use. Basically it's like ductboard except it comes in round lengths of various diameters.

I saw some a couple years ago on a website, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Johns Manville, product is called SuperRound, I saw some of it years ago on a restaurant job

Originally posted by cool-in-cayman
    Not for undergroud use, for attic use. Basically it's like ductboard except it comes in round lengths of various diameters.

I saw some a couple years ago on a website, but now I can't find it anywhere.
    Score the duct board or do a good job sealing galvanized snaplock then pull flex duct as an insulation.

The freight would kill you if something that thick came already round, be worse than shipping in spiral.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

I've got plenty of ductboard already.

I want the round fiberglass more for an experiment than anything else. I want to see if I can improve efficiency by eliminating quite a lot of fabrication.

I would assume that round duct would ship one inside the other to conserve space.

Already checked the Johns Mansvile site. Could not find the super round. Found some cool white duct board though.

Spiral, different sizes will telescope a bit, but still the most expensive ductwork you can get.

Maybe this stuff will telescope but it is going to be very bulky compared to snap lock.

The endura gold ships in as compact as it gets.

Check out the knaupf koolduct CCC is using
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

What size?

Unico has round fiber ducting, 8" that could be used for laterials.

The mansville plant that made round duct board burned down & was not rebuilt as far as I know.
    Take your time & do it right!

I saw it once about ten years ago. I replaced all of it because it was falling apart. It didn't seem to me to be a very good product. There are just too many ways to mess it up. a lot of it was collapsed from people crawling over it over the years and it was coming apart at the seams. I'm sure your guys would tape it better. If I remember right it came in two half sections and that is probably how they reduced the shipping requirements. Of course that created two more seams to fail.

Still haven't found any round duct board, but did look at the knauf koolduct. Anyone ever use that stuff. I would imagine it's expensive. I sent an email today to knauf inquiring about getting certified. They havent emailed me back yet.

Anyone know anything about this stuff. How much it costs per sheet, how much the tools and training cost.

Thanks.

Markwolf has the same info I do- the plant was the huge one that burned down in 2000(I think) and they were the only ones manufacturing it-caused a lot of problems for spacepak installs around here last year- they were first recommending round steel with special takeoffs, and at the end of the season, they had some square stuff(fiberglass). Our season hasn't started yet, so I haven't checked around yet. Is unico selling the round fiberglass still? - I wonder who makes it now.