Just purchased fieldpiece scale SRS2C, ANY TIPS OR FEEDBACK?

i got a great deAL ON ONE OF THESE BRAND NEW , not sure if its a great deal but picked it up for $199 plus tax. seemed like a deal so i grabbed it even though i dont currently use a scale especially one of this caliber.

I plan to use it for winter installs charging by weigh in which ive never done but seems like a good technique to avoid cold charging issues..

so any dos or donts with this unit, limitations, factory issues to date?

I heard it might have an upgrade accessory that enables you to basically have a charge assist when you set your charge amount and it shuts off when your done? is this true?

I don't have any experience with the scale. I will be in the market for a new scale this spring...my scale has been acting up. Found the scale online for cheaper (http://www.climatedoctors.com/items/...itemid=3848371). If you would, let us know what you think of the scale.

I got mine when they came out for $149.00 minus the bag/ case
    I never said I know it all.. But I am willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    i got a great deAL ON ONE OF THESE BRAND NEW , not sure if its a great deal but picked it up for $199 plus tax. seemed like a deal so i grabbed it even though i dont currently use a scale especially one of this caliber.

I plan to use it for winter installs charging by weigh in which ive never done but seems like a good technique to avoid cold charging issues..

so any dos or donts with this unit, limitations, factory issues to date?

I heard it might have an upgrade accessory that enables you to basically have a charge assist when you set your charge amount and it shuts off when your done? is this true?
    The charge assist upgrade accessory is not true for this model. If you have any questions about it feel free to call. But i think the guys who have it on here will say some good things to say about it.

The best thing about it is the pretty blue bag.

I have owned three sets of these scales. The first ones didn't work when taken out of the bag,the second set worked for two days, 5 uses, and the set that I have now have never worked right. When they work they appear accurate to within a few ozs but don't plan on doing any critical charging with them such as a small R-134 system. Some days they come on but other days they don't. I carry my old ones on my truck. I also have a Fieldpiece meter SC77 and its about as reliable as a $1.99 meter from Harbour freight so I carry my old Fluke with me also. I also have an almost new SRL2 leak detector and it work great so far. I have several attachments for my SC77 which all work fine as well. The anemometer is a little freaky sometimes but it functions pretty much like it is supposed to. I also have an Sman3 from Fieldpiece. Again, highly unreliable. The PT charts that are programmed in it appear to be way off. The subcooling charts or function appears to be close but the superheat calculation is way off. I normally don't use the target superheat function on it but when I do it's typically not even close and I get tired of running inside to get the IDWB and entering it into the SMAN 3. It's easier to take my SC77 with the WB lead inside to get the IDWB temp and do the calculations myself. As for using it to pull a vacuum the micron gauge is very erratic. It counts down a while then stops ... You can turn the unit off and back on and it may jump 300 microns lower that it was or it reads stable and appears to have stopped working and a power cycle starts it working again. I carry a bottle of alcohol and a syringe with me to flush the sensor with and it does help for about 20 minutes. The distributor that I buy from ( Florida AC Distributors ) called Fieldpiece and told them my difficulties and they DID offer to look at them if I shipped them back at my expense, which is what the warranty says but I guess I failed to factor in the expense of owning two of everything and the postage (one set to use while the other is away)
    Pros of the new Field Piece equipment: Darn pretty blue bags. They make you look very professional when walking into a service call.
    Cons: Fieldpiece sure isn't nearly the quality it used to be. Unreliable, but yet very sexy junk at best.
    Watch on youtube for my upcoming video where I plan to demonstrate and document this junk! I think that I failed to mention that the scale looses signal about every 4 or 5 minutes and you have to do the sync process, usually 3 or 4 times to get them to resync but the good thing is that even if it takes 10 minutes to get the scale and the remote to communicate with each other again by gully it DOES remember its last recorded weight and will pick up right where it left off at.
    Remember BEAUTIFUL BLUE BAG and to keep it when you throw the yellow junk inside of it over the hill.

Sounds like a good Beta Tester
    Remember to sign the non disclosure so nobody hears from you again
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

have two, no problems. Would lile the ability to by pass sleep function.

I have had mine for 2 years. Only problem I've had was dead batteries.... like once a year. So no biggee. I did notice as the batteries start to go dead that you have to sync the remote more often. Once the battery is fresh I hardly ever have to sync it.

Personally I've had very good luck with fielpiece products.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeep6275 View Post
    I have had mine for 2 years. Only problem I've had was dead batteries.... like once a year. So no biggee. I did notice as the batteries start to go dead that you have to sync the remote more often. Once the battery is fresh I hardly ever have to sync it.

Personally I've had very good luck with fielpiece products.....
    Mine has brand new Duracells in them. I actually used them today and they came on and worked fine . The last time I tried to use them though they wouldn't even power on.

I've had mine 3 years with out any problems at all, changed the batteries once. Turn on the handle first and as soon as it starts searching turn on the base, I've found this syncs well. If it doesn't sync start over from off. If it unsyncs in the middle of operation just turn the handle off and back on, it will keep track of the weight while the handle syncs.

Smile Fieldpiece

Quote Originally Posted by A1ReliableAC View Post
    I have owned three sets of these scales. The first ones didn't work when taken out of the bag,the second set worked for two days, 5 uses, and the set that I have now have never worked right. When they work they appear accurate to within a few ozs but don't plan on doing any critical charging with them such as a small R-134 system. Some days they come on but other days they don't. I carry my old ones on my truck. I also have a Fieldpiece meter SC77 and its about as reliable as a $1.99 meter from Harbour freight so I carry my old Fluke with me also. I also have an almost new SRL2 leak detector and it work great so far. I have several attachments for my SC77 which all work fine as well. The anemometer is a little freaky sometimes but it functions pretty much like it is supposed to. I also have an Sman3 from Fieldpiece. Again, highly unreliable. The PT charts that are programmed in it appear to be way off. The subcooling charts or function appears to be close but the superheat calculation is way off. I normally don't use the target superheat function on it but when I do it's typically not even close and I get tired of running inside to get the IDWB and entering it into the SMAN 3. It's easier to take my SC77 with the WB lead inside to get the IDWB temp and do the calculations myself. As for using it to pull a vacuum the micron gauge is very erratic. It counts down a while then stops ... You can turn the unit off and back on and it may jump 300 microns lower that it was or it reads stable and appears to have stopped working and a power cycle starts it working again. I carry a bottle of alcohol and a syringe with me to flush the sensor with and it does help for about 20 minutes. The distributor that I buy from ( Florida AC Distributors ) called Fieldpiece and told them my difficulties and they DID offer to look at them if I shipped them back at my expense, which is what the warranty says but I guess I failed to factor in the expense of owning two of everything and the postage (one set to use while the other is away)
    Pros of the new Field Piece equipment: Darn pretty blue bags. They make you look very professional when walking into a service call.
    Cons: Fieldpiece sure isn't nearly the quality it used to be. Unreliable, but yet very sexy junk at best.
    Watch on youtube for my upcoming video where I plan to demonstrate and document this junk! I think that I failed to mention that the scale looses signal about every 4 or 5 minutes and you have to do the sync process, usually 3 or 4 times to get them to resync but the good thing is that even if it takes 10 minutes to get the scale and the remote to communicate with each other again by gully it DOES remember its last recorded weight and will pick up right where it left off at.
    Remember BEAUTIFUL BLUE BAG and to keep it when you throw the yellow junk inside of it over the hill.
    Fieldpiece works just fine for the rest of us. Someone give that boy some cheeze to go with this wine.