Thread: Thermostat Question???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    Can a thermostat that is hooked correctly increase a power bill? I have a friend who has an electric heater and got a new thermostat a few months ago. Since then her power bills are much higher than before??? The system shuts off and turns on normally. The system according to her is not as hot as it used to be. Can a thermostat cause problems like this???

Post Likes
    doubtful -- how do the DegreeDays track? is the blower now running continuously? does the heat have a wide swing? was the friend an electrician or HVAC pro? did that person check each function of the thermostat? was the thermostat an exact replacement, or a change in type?

probably having it checked by a pro will same $$ in the long run -- may have spent more than saved by someone "just helping"

Post Likes
    The thermostat was an new type. The blower does not run all the time. The heater is not as hot as it used to be. I think its a heater problem. Can the thermostat cause things like this??? Thanx for your time

Post Likes
    Who's to say 72 on the old stat was indeed 72? Maybe it was closer to 70? Either way if there was as much as 1-2 degree difference from one to the next, that can change the amount of heat needed to heat the space considerably without much in the way of the occupant noticing.

Can I guess? Either LUX or Hunter was installed.

Post Likes
    Who's to say 72 on the old stat was indeed 72? Maybe it was closer to 70? Either way if there was as much as 1-2 degree difference from one to the next, that can change the amount of heat needed to heat the space considerably without much in the way of the occupant noticing.

Can I guess? Either LUX or Hunter was installed.

lol seem like a possibility however it may not be properly wired for the system

Post Likes
    My though is

A. Doc

B. Money

C. One of the strips is bunrt out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in