Our house is 80 years old and we have a hot water heating system that I expect is probably 40+ years old or so. For whatever reason, our predecessors managed to lose/misplace/destroy/toss most of the 'end-caps' to our baseboard enclosures. I've included a link to show a pic of one of the radiators.

http://www.imagewiz.net/usr/hvac1/10...15-05_0153.jpg

I have asked several general contractors and plumbers if they had any idea where I could get spare parts to replace bent pieces or missing ends/corners/etc. With no success, I turn to the experts -- can someone please tell me (a) what exactly to call the system/pieces I need to be looking for to make our radiators look finished and (b) where I can find such pieces online or at a store? Thanks very much.

looks a lot like Slant-Fin brand that is at Home Depot,either pinch off the piece and bring it in and with a little bending it might work.live dangerously and by the end cap and bring it home...keep in mind they(endcaps)are labeled left and right as you face the baseboard in place!! http://www.slantfin.com/

[Edited by maxster on 03-15-2005 at 05:48 AM]
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Looks like Suntemp 700 to me-the louver has no hinge like SlantFin does..

Do some research on line and compare measurements. Besides Suntemp and Slant fin, look at Sterling, Argo, there are other more obscure brands I can't remember right now..

I agree. Checkout sterlingheat.com they make suntemp and a few other name brands. That baseboard looks rather new, not 40 years old. Will depend on size most standard BB is around 7" and high output around 9" high enclosures. If 7"
    many brands are available. Lowes sells hydyrotherm brand BB.

You're right john , it doesn't look like old bb. I'd like to modify my statement aboutnot being SlantFin. I just installed some High Output 80 yesterday ( I rarely use the stuff) and guess what? no hinges on the louvers! The pic is fuzzy but the rounded front cover edges "lookalotlike" yesterdays board.

Looks like Slant Fin #30

Originally posted by hydronicsman
    ....I just installed some High Output 80 yesterday ( I rarely use the stuff) and guess what? no hinges on the louvers!
    I just did my new addition with Model 80 Slantfin baseboard. I chose it because it is very heavy duty and expected to be "childproof" damage-wise when they stand on the top edge to look out the windows!! The model 80 stuff puts out almost 700 btu/ft too.

looks like slant fin sch80

Looking at my SlantFin model #80 baseboard doesn't look like what I see in the picture. The faceplate doesn't have that much radius on the top edge, it's more square. Model 80 also does NOT have an integral pipe support for return piping within the baseboard, most all other SlantFin models do (#30 does).