To HVAC or not to HVAC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink You will meet

Some bizzaro customers and have some brain dead bosses!!

But seriously, it appears that you are self motiviated and have strong mechanically inclinations. These will get you through the hard times when all else fails. Welcome to the trade.

Prepair to never stop learning it seems like the more you know the more you know you don't know.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

newstart

Find the most experienced guy and stick with him,trust me,he may like act your a pest but he really wants to teach you if he thinks you really want to learn.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bbk
    [B] While you're in school,don't let the instructor leave "the refrigerant cycle" until you understand the refrigeerant cycle...don't let him leave "wiring diagrams" until you can read wiring diagrams,etc.&etc.

bbk,I gotta say "great advice".

ct2,
    Thanks for the post. So how are you doing. Almost a year in ,has the income picked up? Are you going out alone to jobs? Is it what you expected?
    I got a minor setback today.The total financing for the BOCES school won't go through in time for the spring/summer class. So I'm going to have to wait now until Sept. All I can do now is start reading up at my local Barnes and Nobles. I really don't have 5 months to put this off but I really want to do this so I'm just going to have to wait and use the time now to study up before class starts.The class is 300 hours for $3,800. I can't aford to pay for that.
    But as someone who just started out and is also my age, I'm very interested in your thoughts ,experiences and general outlook. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
    Thanks--Ed

Thanks to you other guys for posting. I minimize my rely and get to it when I can. My daughter needs something, wife needs help. I finally post and you other guys sent in responses. I just don't want to exclude anyone while I'm replying to a response. I read everything so if I don't acknowledge you, I greatly appreciate your posts.Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12