Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shophound. I am not technically astute enough to understand all that you are saying, but the way I read it there is an increased pressure situation with the R410a.

Brody

Yes, the 410 system operate on much higher pressures than r-22. Thats one reason that I don't like them. Also because they are only a few years old and have not been time tested. Don;t know what to expect.
    Someone on here is saying that the EPA has been looking into 410 due to a number of lawsuits. Don't know that to be right myself, just what I read on this site.
    I, firmy, believe that you can not go wrong by installing an R-22 system.

And duct dr: Am in Dothan. What about u??

Richard

Originally posted by brody
    Shophound. I am not technically astute enough to understand all that you are saying, but the way I read it there is an increased pressure situation with the R410a.
    Doubling = 2 times pressure

R410a has 1.6 times the pressure of R22

Originally posted by brody
    We install many Carrier Puron (410a) systems with no problems to speak of, we have found higher air temps which is good. I was sceptical at first with 410 due to the higher pressures, I got over it. 410 is here to stay like it or not. R-22 will be around for the life of your system (15 years?) so either is a good choice.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

I really appreciate all the responses. I just got hit with a $2000 vet bill for my Dachsunds back surgery so I am going to put my AC replacement project on hold for the time being and just charge up the old system again for another season since it is still running. But, thanks to all of you I will know a whole lot more about what to buy when that time comes again.

Brody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12