Thread: Quick Q about Lennox Heatcraft Control Board

Post Likes
    I have the EGC-1 Heatcraft Control Board.

I have verified power to the unit, but neither LED lights up.

There is no voltage coming from the transformer. I popped the cap on the transformer and the coating has melted on one side.

Does the 24v from the transformer power the board or does the 120v power the board or both.

I wouldn't think that the 120 would power the board and that I may have a bad transformer, but there is a 120 in on the board coming direct from source.

Thanks all...
    Ed Wilkinson

Post Likes
    Call a qualified HVAC tech before you end up wasting time and money and still have nothing.

BTW, this is not a DIY site.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jultzya
    Call a qualified HVAC tech before you end up wasting time and money and still have nothing.

BTW, this is not a DIY site.

Thanks.
    I read the rules....I didn't ask for step by step instructions, prices, etc.

I asked a very specific question after some educated and extensive troubleshooting.

Thanks anyway...

Site Rules:

# HVAC Pros, please note; home owners are welcome to ask questions here, if you do not wish to be helpful that is fine but do not intimidate, obstruct or criticize those that wish to be more helpful than you. If you do not like a particular thread or topic, do not reply.

# Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Post Likes

Post Buy three...

Buy three (3) boards ...

You need to know why the xformer fried no#1 and your not quailified to determine that.

Your home and famlies saftey is at risk here man, a service call isn't cheap but neither is reconstrcution, or burial expenses!

I now your not asking step by step questions but your asking questions that if you were quailified you wouldn't be asking.

There's a wiring schematic use it, like it's been stated this is not a DIYER site were helpful to a fault...

You really need professioal quailified assistance and doing it over the internet just doesn't make that grade!

[Edited by AllTemp on 03-14-2005 at 02:41 AM]
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    If your going to put your own transformer in, may sure you use 1 with its own fuse.

Post Likes
    call a pro to find your problem. there is something wrong with your system and for any of us to try and tall you what wouldnt be safe. there are a lot of factors here you need to think about. to change a part not knowing why it went bad is not a good thing. please get someone that knows and fix it once and fixe it right for your owne safty

Post Likes
    The circuit board is powered by the 24V power supply. The 120v is controlled by the board. You WILL need to have the unit checked by a technician to find and correct the problem. The expensive and dangerous solution is to replace components until you either correct the problem, burn down the house or give up.

Post Likes
    The circuit board is powered by the 24V transformer. The 120v is controlled by the board. You WILL need to have the unit checked by a technician to find and correct the problem. The expensive and dangerous solution is to replace components until you either correct the problem, burn down the house or give up.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 12-30-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    qz88, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in