Andrew Wakefield's Autism Connection

EEEEWIE !!!

...they mad at this guy!

Andrew Wakefield is the guy who found a link between vaccination shots and autism.

some guy released a book or something, saying that all of Wakefield's research was falsified.

according to CNN, the cases of autism are skyrocketing, as Americans are taking shots for everything.
    (some of the flu vaccinations contain parts of baby embryos)

normally, a researcher would present his theory, then other researchers would present their evidence to prove or disprove the idea.
    Andrew Wakefield has had his licence revoked, been continually harassed, and there is a possibility he might face CRIMINAL CHARGES for presenting his evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    EEEEWIE !!!

...they mad at this guy!

Andrew Wakefield is the guy who found a link between vaccination shots and autism.

some guy released a book or something, saying that all of Wakefield's research was falsified.

according to CNN, the cases of autism are skyrocketing, as Americans are taking shots for everything.
    (some of the flu vaccinations contain parts of baby embryos)

normally, a researcher would present his theory, then other researchers would present their evidence to prove or disprove the idea.
    Andrew Wakefield has had his licence revoked, been continually harassed, and there is a possibility he might face CRIMINAL CHARGES for presenting his evidence.
    Presenting evidence is not the problem. The admittedly small amount that I have read about this story says that Wakefield's "research" was found to be fraudulent.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

The conclusions of the 1998 paper by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues was renounced by 10 of its 13 authors and later retracted by the medical journal Lancet, where it was published. Still, the suggestion the MMR shot was connected to autism spooked parents worldwide and immunization rates for measles, mumps and rubella have never fully recovered.

The analysis, by British journalist Brian Deer, found that despite the claim in Wakefield's paper that the 12 children studied were normal until they had the MMR shot, five had previously documented developmental problems. Deer also found that all the cases were somehow misrepresented when he compared data from medical records and the children's parents.

Click here for the entire story

in the 1980s everyone knew ulcers were caused by stress, drinking, and other related habits. when Dr. Barry Marshall in Australia came out and stated ulcers were caused by bacteria, the medical community world wide did everything but hang him in effigy as a charlitan and quack. Of course today, everyone know ulcers are caused by Helicobacter pylori, including the doctors that tried to run barry Marshall out of medicine.

Multi dose flu vacines and many others contain a preservative called Thimerosal, which contains a mercury compound and is a known neuro toxin. Now there has been no direct link proven conclusively that Thimerosal causes autism. I dont believe there is an conclusive proof that it does not. So the question is what percentage of vaccinated children devlop autism. The question follows, if we do not vaccinate and epidemics run rampant, how many childred will be maimed or die...
    Today when you say polio people think of taking a little sugar medicine. I am 60 and I remember as kid the threat polio was. I know people who surived it and were maimed.
    http://wehelpwhathurts.homestead.com...op_650x546.jpg

Think any of those kids would have risked Thimerosal to keep that from happening? Have you ever read about the flu pandemic of 1918? 50 million people died. They would have loved to had the opportunity to expose themselves to Thimerosal and avoid a really nasty death. I choose to get a flu shot. I figure if over the years the Thimerisol was going to hurt me it would have by now.

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Presenting evidence is not the problem. The admittedly small amount that I have read about this story says that Wakefield's "research" was found to be fraudulent.
    he was working for a company that was going to release a competing vaccination, and some of the kids he used in his samples were part of a class action lawsuit.

follow the money trail and that will often show you the reason people do things.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post

Multi dose flu vacines and many others contain a preservative called Thimerosal, which contains a mercury compound and is a known neuro toxin. .
    Um , Thimerosal hasn't been put in vaccines since 2002

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=14
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

Quote Originally Posted by glennwith2ns View Post
    Um , Thimerosal hasn't been put in vaccines since 2002

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=14
    um not in pediatric vaccines but is still used in multidose flu vaccines. I work in a hospital and when I got my flue shot i had to sign a waiver which specifically mentioned it. That was in November.

I don't get flue shots. I take my chances. Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger right?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

We always get the single dose version.