Thread: Rheem Accumulator

Post Likes
    Hello,
    I have an issue with my Rheem classic XI, it started blowing hot air and kept freezing up, I had it recharged and within 3 weeks it was blowing hot again, I had a technician come out and he said that my accumulator is leaking. There is a lot of rust on the top of the accumulator where the pipes run into the top and I saw the leak sensor going crazy when he passed it over the area. The rest of my system in great shape. Here is my problem. I have a friend that is certified in HVAC, but he wants me to get the replacement parts. I can only find one size accumulator for this AC, part # 83-22459-07 I found it on a parts supply store online for $129 and at sears for $79.00. Is it one size fits all for accumulators? Thanks!

Post Likes
    You need the exact accumulator. What's the model # of the HP?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    the model number is RPLA-034JAZ
    Ser # 5156 M3995 2607
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    If your friend is HVAC certified he should be able to get the
    part if you give him the money for it. He needs to have a
    recovery unit to remove the refrigerant to replace the accumulator. Why not have the original service tech you called do the work?
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

Post Likes
    my friend just wants me to learn a little something, as far as calling the original tech, he quoted me $450.00, my friend will do it for $100.oo + 1 case of Busch and parts.

Post Likes
    i will never understand why someone doesn't let a professional do what they are trained to do. if you have your friend do the job just give him model and ser. you'll be fine

Post Likes
    actually my friend is more than qualified, he primarily works on commercial units for the last 20 years or so, he is just doing this as a favor, and I know he will do a good job, I don't like to work with people I don't know.

Post Likes
    Will

You and your friend should set there and drink the Busch, and let the tech replace the accumulator. You will also get a warranty with the tech.

Post Likes
    So you gotta get the accumulator, the gas, and the new filter drier.

And he's only charging you a hundred bucks, and a case of beer.

How you going to get the gas.

Post Likes

Talking Acumulator

Beenthere. Jesus brother.I thought you were a real pro from reading the thousands of other posts you have replyed to.Anybody who has been to even ONE of those two hour with free pizza after hours tech classes knows.

If you drink a case of that BUSH stuff they call beer.Anybody will have way more than enough gas to charge even the largest residentel heatpump system.And the bush beer comes with it's own accumulator. YOU!!!... :}
    AS for a new filter dryer.......Well I guess a guy better double up on the shorts before he starts the job.
    41GASMAN

[Edited by 41gasman on 03-13-2005 at 05:29 PM]

Post Likes

Re: Acumulator

Originally posted by 41gasman
    Beenthere. Jesus brother.I thought you were a real pro from reading the thousands of other posts you have replyed to.Anybody who has been to even ONE of those two hour with free pizza after hours tech classes knows.

If you drink a case of that BUSH stuff they call beer.Anybody will have way more than enough gas to charge even the largest residentel heatpump system.And the bush beer comes with it's own accumulator. YOU!!!... :}
    AS for a new filter dryer.......Well I guess a guy better double up on the shorts before he starts the job.
    41GASMAN

[Edited by 41gasman on 03-13-2005 at 05:29 PM]
    ROFLMAO.

Post Likes
    lmao to
    you need to exact part and it isnt that easy to replace it is a pain inthe ass. we arent to talk monie here but 450 is good price i am a lot more than that. you and your friend should sit on the deck have any kind of beer and let a pro do the jod for you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in