Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat Pumps

Rheem started leaving the pressure switches off the 10 SEER equipment. Still have them on the 12 and 13 SEER I believe.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Had a call today - Wife took call - said HP switch was tripped. Checked cooling cycle ( OA = 75 today ), pressures ok, definetly not high. Checked heat cycle pressures and they were not out of whack ( especially with 75 degree evap temp ). Definitely not anywhere close to the range of the pressure switch.
    She took further info from system, but I won't get it till tomorrow. Am in school tonight. Will check & see if anything shows up.

I ran into the same problem with the rheem package units. I had 5, 5 ton heat pumps on the same building. they were installed about 10 or 11 years ago. I just installed a manual resetting high pressure switch. This problem only occurred in the winter time. I was talking to one of my suppliers about the problem and he told me that rheem had some kinda recall or something like that.He didnt remember all the details, nor do I since this was 4-5 years ago.You might want to talk to a rheem rep. I dont think that they are still offering whatever they were then, but maybe you can find out what there fix was. GOOD LUCK!

Desert

Yur right. Have asked local Rheem distributor ( no help, of course ). Will try to contact Rheem personally.

It does seem to happen to mostly Rheem units that I've seen.
    It may be all Rheem units, I'm not sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12