Reading between Constitution's lines

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not me this time because you LIE!

They are reading it like a sacred text," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), the outgoing chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee on the Constitution, civil rights and civil liberties, who has studied and memorized the Constitution with talmudic intensity.
    I suggest he has studied it so he can subvert it.

"
    You read the Torah, you read the Bible, you build a worship service around it," said Nadler, who argued that the Founders were not "demigods" and that the document's need for amendments to abolish slavery and other injustices showed it was "highly imperfect."
    Demigods? Abolish slavery? The declaration of independence specifically used language to try and prevent slavery. That's why the proposed language was changed from "life liberty and the pursuit of property" (because slaves were considered property) to pursuit of happiness.

And let us not forget...it was the Democratic party that opposed abolishing slavery.....anyone recall the civil war?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Doubtfull that the wording was changed from property to happiness because of slavery..... where you came up with that is beyond me.......

Anyhow.....its funny that we had an amendment to abolish slavery but there was never any amendment to prevent the original inhabitants of this land from being decimated... Men, women, children, infants...infants.....being burned and lanced and cut down with swords and bullets.....

Manifest Destiny.......

Manifest Destiny is a couple hundred thousand anchor babies being born each year in this land of the brave and free.....

Im glad I live in the USA... wish it hadnt have to become some great on the backs and deaths of so many innocent people..... but I do realize that throughout time thats how great nations have become great..... somebodys got to be the loser...somebodys got to be crushed.....

Im just glad the mexicans are taking over by breeding themselves into power instead of taking this country by violent means.

Of course 100 or so years from now who is to say that the mexicans...who surely by then will be the majority pop in america....wont turn to violence to cleanse this nation of those people that they dont feel deserve to live any longer.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I do not recall what book it was in...I'll see if I can find my reference.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are not taking over by violent means. I spent allot years driving in places like San Fernando, east L.A., Santa Ana, Montebello and everyplace in-between. There is plenty of violence going on.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Here you go corny

I still cant find the book I read it in, but it might have been a book on Thomas Jefferson, which I gave away after reading.

Basically, the word "property" was used in the fist continental congress. When they were writing the D of I a discussion ensued and it was determined not to use the word "property", again, because slaves were considered property.

This is the best I can do for now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_and_legal_rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I still cant find the book I read it in, but it might have been a book on Thomas Jefferson, which I gave away after reading.

Basically, the word "property" was used in the fist continental congress. When they were writing the D of I a discussion ensued and it was determined not to use the word "property", again, because slaves were considered property.

This is the best I can do for now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_and_legal_rights
    Maybe they realized back then, property can not buy you happiness.

I think it was changed from property to happiness shortly after his crop of pot was harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    I think it was changed from property to happiness shortly after his crop of pot was harvested.
    That will happen to you stand downwind when stubble burning.

I just wish I could remember where I read it. It seems odd that TJ would have been the one that wanted the revision is as much as he bought and sold slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Doubtfull that the wording was changed from property to happiness because of slavery..... where you came up with that is beyond me.......

Anyhow.....its funny that we had an amendment to abolish slavery but there was never any amendment to prevent the original inhabitants of this land from being decimated... Men, women, children, infants...infants.....being burned and lanced and cut down with swords and bullets.....

Manifest Destiny.......

Manifest Destiny is a couple hundred thousand anchor babies being born each year in this land of the brave and free.....

Im glad I live in the USA... wish it hadnt have to become some great on the backs and deaths of so many innocent people..... but I do realize that throughout time thats how great nations have become great..... somebodys got to be the loser...somebodys got to be crushed.....

Im just glad the mexicans are taking over by breeding themselves into power instead of taking this country by violent means.

Of course 100 or so years from now who is to say that the mexicans...who surely by then will be the majority pop in america....wont turn to violence to cleanse this nation of those people that they dont feel deserve to live any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I just wish I could remember where I read it. It seems odd that TJ would have been the one that wanted the revision is as much as he bought and sold slaves.
    There is lots of violence done by Mexicans. I live in a border state. Happens every day. Also, just to be clear, Mexicans don't belong here more than Americans. They seem to think that we took some of their land, but where did they get it from? They are ancestors of some of the most cruel conquerors ever-- the Spanish. How many natives were killed by the Spanish? So many that America's Manifest destiny looks like a drop in the bucket. Not saying it was right but just wanted to point that out. And by the way. Hispanic Americans are not Mexicans. They are Americans. Mexicans are Mexicans just like Canadians are Canadians. Mexican is a nationality not a race just like Canadian is a nationality and so is American. I would fight a white European to protect a Hispanic American any day of the week. But I still don't think we should allow illegal immigration to continue.

And yes Thomas Jefferson did have slaves. The one he got pregnant came back to the states with him from France. At that time black people had freedom in France but she came back with him willfully anyway. That shows that he was not the cruel slave owner that some people think. Also, I believe I read somewhere that he thought black people should be free but there was no political will at the time to do so and if he pushed the issue, many would not take him seriously and would push back. That is why he wrote the part about all men are created equal. So that when the political will changed they could use that as a reason to grant freedom. If he would have just released his slaves, where would they go? They wouldn't have been able to get jobs. They probably had a better life with him than they would have on their own.

Also life liberty and property comes from John Locke. This was changed in the declaration of independence to pursuit of happiness. Also, what most people don't know is that Lincoln was himself a racist. He was going to ship all black people to Liberia. He said they should be free but not allowed to live with whites. The only reason this deportation to Liberia never happened was because of John Wilkes Booth.

Just pointing out that there is more to history than most people are taught in school. And yes, America has committed many crimes. That doesn't mean these were done in the spirit of or in accordance with the Declaration or Constitution. Just look at the detainment of Japanese and Italian Americans during WWII. Completely unconstitutional and wrong. Lots of this type of crap could be avoided by consulting the constitution instead of pretending it doesn't exist and trading liberty for safety.