flue length - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flue length

Thank You Doc!
    This home has never been occupied so I found no signs of condensation on the pipe. You comment mirrors my concerns.
    Have a blessed evening.

The only way to tell is to consult the GAMA tables. You can find these in any installation packet or the National fuel gas code. Last updated version (of the tables) was 1993, which will cover fan assisted as well.

30' length may or may not work. More probable on single appliance only (not vented with others category I equipment), however refer to the GAMA tables for the correct answer and hire an HVAC pro.

I've ran across far to many "home inspectors" that attempt to cross into uncharted territory and provide incorrect information.

Steve

" the correct answer and hire an HVAC pro. "

It is my job to figure out if one is needed NOT be one- It is impossiable to carry every set of codes and charts but rather use good judgement when calling for a "pro"

"I've ran across far to many "home inspectors" that attempt to cross into uncharted territory and provide incorrect information. "

I've run across many a jack leg hired by R/E agents to bless any thing- I believe I've called for a pro one this one since it seems to be a canadite for review. I will not call out a pro simply to cover my butt rather Just when it will protect my client.

Thank each one of you for your responses

[Edited by cbs on 03-13-2005 at 01:43 PM]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12