Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Norm

Originally posted by bornriding
    Have you ever actually worked in this business ??

Have yu ever had to repair 6-10 systems a day, with your boss on your 'but'.

Have yu ever installed systems ??
    If I posted a complete answer to your question then I would be accused of boasting. A guy can't win when answering a question like that.

The short answer is yes, all of the above and more. For more than 30 years.

Norm

Re: Re: Norm

Originally posted by NormChris

Have yu ever had to repair 6-10 systems a day, with your boss on your 'but'.

Have yu ever installed systems ??
    If I posted a complete answer to your question then I would be accused of boasting. A guy can't win when answering a question like that.

The short answer is yes, all of the above and more. For more than 30 years.

Norm
    I've been doing this stuff for almost 25 years myself. My friend from Canton always said to me "If you really want to learn something, teach it." (She's told me many times I should be a teacher) But honestly, I could not see me giving up a bright and warm rooftop in June, or the crunch of virgin snow under my feet on a sunny day with no wind for 4 concrete walls with recycled air and a crappy coffee syrup dispencer until I can no longer set up my ladder.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Re: Re: Re: Norm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gruntly
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by NormChris
    [B]

My friend from Canton always said to me "If you really want to learn something, teach it." (She's told me many times I should be a teacher) honestly, I could not see me giving up a virgin on a sunny day until I can no longer set up my

You should teach sex ed.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Norm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vmc1161
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by gruntly
    [B]
    Originally posted by NormChris

My friend from Canton always said to me "If you really want to learn something, teach it." (She's told me many times I should be a teacher) honestly, I could not see me giving up a virgin on a sunny day until I can no longer set up my

You should teach sex ed.
    You should work for the National Enquirer.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Norm

Just wanted to know what yur experience was.
    Your answers seem to be by the book
    I've known several bright people who were by the book ( only ). But could not do the job theirselves. The books are only part of my job - reality plays a big part.

For me trust is earned not given.

Turn the last two around and you'll have mine,

Ok , I looked up your credentials,Do you think being a CM is a big deal ? I passed that test without studying then passed three CMS's without studying,Journeyman electrician\if you are in the union and don't die you become a jouneyman, you say you are a power engineer with some kind of class, are you saying you are a PE ? if not then what you are trying to claim is balogna,

[Edited by fat eddy on 03-13-2005 at 07:44 PM]

Don't need a club full losers to tell me how smart we all are

Hey LMTD,

I'm laying out this biggest job in the US right now , what are you doing ? What have you done ?

I dont claim to know it all or know anything at all, if I dont know how to do it I find out how. I have to be good or Boss will spank me again. Or say i am stalking. But in all honesty here folks, why does everyone including myself sometimes boast about how good they are and have all these great credentials? I have been doing this for 25 years now, owned and operated a business sold out then reopened, I am in the process of opening an online flat rate program. I am affiliated with 2 unions local 33 sheet metal and local 42 plumbers and pipefitters. Both journeyman cards. I go to work everyday and learn something new everday, I have to scratch my head and say what the hell is going on with unit. I have ran a service dept at a manufacturing plant for awhile in Missouri and ran a service dept for a compnay in Pittsburgh. I think we just need to stop calling each others credentials here and learn from all our mistakes we make, Oh I can bet my last dollar here that someone will come in with a smart remark, this goes to show their mentality and poor judgment. Ok I vented now.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    Hey LMTD,

I'm laying out this biggest job in the US right now , what are you doing ? What have you done ?
    According to the unions in the entire U.S. the biggest job going on now is the new Cabella building in Wheeling west virgina, I was part of that last year and did the chillers while I was with local 33 there and plumbers and pipe fitters. You talking about this???? And the engineers lay this out and the arhcitechts... Ha spelling I thought you were a tech????

Oh ,

And LMTD even though you chose a low number to lie with,I will accept that you are 157 and that would make your loss in any kind of intelligebce even more painful,set it up and I will be there.In fact I will be in ST. Louis in june,let me know when your ready please.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    I quit,and stop doing this stuff.Do you guys ever get tired of it?

Ever feel like hangin up the tool pouch,parking the truck and calling it quits ?
    Funny you should ask, Hell yes.

I'm tired of dealing with idiots!

I have a whole list of 'em.

And now I have to chase some of 'em down on acctount of bounced checks and some that think some how that they don't have to pay. It's like they think I called them and invited myself over just to look at their furnace.

Thanks for asking

[Edited by infwsdm on 03-13-2005 at 08:13 PM]

waz up ed?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast