Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RESPECT

Amick

All you had to say to her was, sorry maam, I thought you were a Lady !

Originally posted by amickracing
    Just the other day I was leaving a gas station and held the door open for a woman I'm guessing in her 40's. Man did I get an ear full of how she was a competent woman who can take care of herself and open her own doors.
    "No ma'am, I wasn't holding the door open cause your a woman, I was holding the door open because of your 'age'."

Originally posted by will 2
    Originally posted by amickracing
    Just the other day I was leaving a gas station and held the door open for a woman I'm guessing in her 40's. Man did I get an ear full of how she was a competent woman who can take care of herself and open her own doors.
    "No ma'am, I wasn't holding the door open cause your a woman, I was holding the door open because of your 'age'."
    Yeah then you can whimper please stop hitting me, Ma'am.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I hold the door open for anyone that is near by.
    Never had that problem, you sure you weren't staring at her bosoms?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

ya had to be check'en her stuff.

Almost everybody seems to be catchen on and holding the door.

Except for the people who think we are here as their servants, those *****es, and when they Don't say thank you

I say

HEY YOU'RE WELCOME I WAS PUT HERE JUST FOR YOU, as@*hole

Originally posted by bwal2
    Originally posted by hvacbear
    Seen a lot of old folks really going off lately for no reason. Never saw that when I was young what gives?
    You were nicer then.
    If anything I think I am more polite now when I think of what the older generation went through to get us here. Lately I have seen my elders beeing rude for no reason. They taught us patience and respect and have forgotten it now?
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by lmtd
    Actually it was not a joke. Mark Twain's wife saved his butt SEVERAL times by not sending letters and threats and challenges to dule's when he was alive. Aparantly he had a very very bad temper and perhaps a bit of a drinking problem and regularly was involved in a scuffle or two.
    Maybe "tongue in cheek" would be a better description.

He was pretty active in politics, and certainly outspoken.
    Ruffled a few feathers, and got his ruffled.

Life was supposed to be simpler then.

Seen a lot of old folks really going off lately for no reason. Never saw that when I was young what gives?
    You were nicer then.
    If anything I think I am more polite now when I think of what the older generation went through to get us here. Lately I have seen my elders beeing rude for no reason. They taught us patience and respect and have forgotten it now?
    I can't say that I have noticed a change, but maybe they are worried about the same things that everybody is.

Money & dying.

bwal2

I hit the wrong button. See the new thread. Sorry, Roy

[Edited by oroy54 on 03-13-2005 at 10:16 PM]

bwal2

I couldn't delete the new thread. But anyway in the new corporate America and where I work, not respecting your co-worker will get you fired is #1 over safety. I am glad that the sargent sledge days are gone. Let us do our jobs, don't hurt us, don't mess with us and let us go home to our familys.

Originally posted by lmtd
    Actually it was not a joke. Mark Twain's wife saved his butt SEVERAL times by not sending letters and threats and challenges to dule's when he was alive. Aparantly he had a very very bad temper and perhaps a bit of a drinking problem and regularly was involved in a scuffle or two.
    Maybe "tongue in cheek" would be a better description.

He was pretty active in politics, and certainly outspoken.
    Ruffled a few feathers, and got his ruffled.

Life was supposed to be simpler then.
    Maybe its because you had to yell face to face then. To yell coast to coast took a week to get there.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

My reply well your so f""""n ugly I wouldn't let my dog F""" you!

woops now I may just get banned or put in the sin bin
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12