Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RESPECT

Be respectful to your superiors, if you have any; also to strangers, and sometimes to others. If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measure; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. That will be sufficient. If you shall find that he had not intended any offense, come out frankly and confess yourself in the wrong when you struck him; acknowledge it like a man, and say you didn't mean to.
    - Advice to Youth, 5/15/1882 (Mark Twain)

BWA12 : My how the times are a changing!

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke, but I'd bet it would still work today.

How's the new job coming?

Be nice to strangers? Man, that's getting hard to do! Just the other day I was leaving a gas station and held the door open for a woman I'm guessing in her 40's. Man did I get an ear full of how she was a competent woman who can take care of herself and open her own doors.

Man I'll never figure women out.

And as a side note, now I have that damn song (respect) stuck in my head... thanks lol

Originally posted by amickracing
    Be nice to strangers? Man, that's getting hard to do! Just the other day I was leaving a gas station and held the door open for a woman I'm guessing in her 40's. Man did I get an ear full of how she was a competent woman who can take care of herself and open her own doors.

And as a side note, now I have that damn song (respect) stuck in my head... thanks lol
    So, did you hit her with a brick?

Cheers to the quick comeback artist like.."I'm holding it until you get your fat a** the h**l outta my way!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Seen a lot of old folks really going off lately for no reason. Never saw that when I was young what gives?
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by hvacbear
    Seen a lot of old folks really going off lately for no reason. Never saw that when I was young what gives?
    You were nicer then.

On the freeways around here people pull up or pass by and are pointing to the roof of their car signaling to me like I have something on the roof of mine. I noticed they are not using their real pointing finger, but the long one, what gives? Here road rage means somone may get shot. I just don't understand.
    Saddle Up!

Was she that ugly?
    No man will ever completly figure out women, don't feel bad.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Amickracing; You have to do something about that butt crack problem or your going to keep getting yelled at. Try some expanding foam then sand it down, it's worth it to stop getting yelled at.

PS I don't have that particular problem, but many others.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by amickracing

[/Q

self delete

[Edited by ozone drone on 03-13-2005 at 11:29 AM]
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I'd have said "FU Cnt...I don't slam doors in anybody's face man or woman, and I'll be sure to make an exception for your scraggly @ss if I ever have the misfortune of seeing your miserable self again"
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast