Post Likes

York YCAV300 - Screw

Trouble Shooting why when changing oil filter cartridge in compressor, system 1 was completly dry, no oil.
    off on HDP, Is a rental chiller dry docked for winter. Old timer told me last time i found this problem on another system , yes sometimes u find this , should be ok, didn't find to many shavings , but there where some. Any Thoughts would be most appreciated.

Post Likes
    How long as the chiller been dry docked and was it with out power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Chillers been parked since may 2015, and yes no power.

Post Likes
    I am going to guess that it was rented out just recently and went off on high head or just got delivered to a site. Powered up and was tripped off on high head.

Post Likes
    No is part of my winter work getting hvac ready for up coming spring/summer season. Last May system 1 went off on High differential pressure, I tagged it for repair, unit did not go out after that. Now I am replacing cartridge filter and found this. I have found this before on another unit, last year and just put new filter in , I will be servicing that unit next week and am real curious to see what I find. Just wondering if I should be investigating an oil flow problem to prevent damage
    Thanks

Post Likes
    migration? crankcase oil heat? just idea , stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Yes I was thinking well sitting for 6 months no power, I guess it is possible oil just migrated out of housing , crank case heater does work.

8. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    More the likely sitting with no power. Verify transducers and that 1/2 inch ball valve on oil line is not closed. The compressor block heater would have kept R-134 out of compressor so when temp changes happened thru out the day oil would stay.
    Rental chillers have a hard life , I would get on line before and then see what's going on.