Confused

I do not want real numbers at all, just an idea of how they would compare if going from scratch, installation wise. An idea of forced air being 1, staple-up being 1.5x, and radiant being 2x would help me get an idea of which system to think about. MD/DC/VA area.

Is staple-up radiant 2x the cost of forced air? Are radiators nore expensive than they're worth?

I'm just curious how it breaks down... forced air seems cheapest by far but I personally like radiators the best.

Add water source / geothermal heat pump to your list too.

I started to do a search on your answer and ran across this interesting site..
    http://www.radiant-floor-heat.com/

Although I don't live up north... I thought the whole snow melter setup is pretty cool.

The cost is almost double because when you run ductwork,you can heat and cool from it. When you do any type if WET heat you have to do that plus duct for a/c.Also a bolier or some type of water heating device,plus fan for a/c system.Radiant in floor is comfortable but labor for satple up or wet bed for floor adds up $$$.we do small areas with water heaters as heating plant. Baths,kitchens mostly or sun rooms.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

The cost is almost double because when you run ductwork,you can heat and cool from it. When you do any type if WET heat you have to do that plus duct for a/c.Also a bolier or some type of water heating device,plus fan for a/c system.Radiant in floor is comfortable but labor for staple up or wet bed for floor adds up $$$.We do small areas with water heaters as heating plant. Baths,kitchens mostly or sun rooms.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

go to the consumer reports website , go to the home and garden section and you can compair every type of unit and manufacture