Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is

Is this still the boiler banging noise problem ?

fat eddy: Yes ...and no.
    The manufacturer has decided that the BANGing is a problem with the boiler and has agreed to replace it. At that point, I asked the installer to double-check if 187MBTUH input is the right size for my 2400 sqft home. He's agreed to install whatever size I think is appropriate. (?!) The mfr will ship whatever we decide on. (Why not? It will most likely be smaller.)

Since several people like yourself suggested that we install 1 circ/zone, I wanted to learn a little bit more about flow rates. (I didn't really get an answer from installer when I asked.) I think what I'm finding-out is that the installer really didn't put much thought into feet of head and/or the circulator.

Naturally, I'm getting a little frustrated. I liked and trusted everyone I worked with at this contractor. Other installers that tried to diagnose the BANG commented on the "good workmanship." But, since I now think the first boiler was mis-sized, and since I'm now finding possible shortcomings in the distribution system, the installer is losing patience with all my questions.

I'm just trying to get it right, this time.

Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by take2
    [ deleted by Boss ]

Hoffa - you are banned from this site.

If you come here again I will contact comcast and they will promptly terminate your account.

[Edited by Boss on 03-12-2005 at 12:53 PM]
    I can't believe he tried to sign up again.

Some people never learn.
    We (me ) only attract the craziest stalkers......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123