Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what is

Hoffa, you have signed up under two names "rfc4" and "hoffa". Under both names you have broken the site rules and caused problems. Please be aware that the rules apply to you too.
    Any member who signs up under a new name will be banned from the site.
    Good bye.

Boss

What was up with him anyway?
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

Originally posted by ct2
    I'm selling tickets to this one!

ROUND TWO

Hah! Ended at end of the first round. A TKO.

Now, I wonder where Hoffa (aka rfc4) is going to go to get his Trane Furnace and A/C advice? Maybe he will have to call in a contractor?

[Edited by MikeJ on 03-12-2005 at 09:06 AM]

Should I start a new thread?

The Buderus installation manuals are available on line. There is a Pressure drop diagram, but it is not referenced in the dialogue. For G234, 17.6 GPM seems to be important. (It's the only mid-point value shown.) For G124, 10 GPM is the only point shown, but since the diagram uses a log scale, I'm not sure that it has any real significance other than reference.

Max operating pressure for both models is 58psi.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Boss
    Hoffa, you have signed up under two names "rfc4" and "hoffa". Under both names you have broken the site rules and caused problems. Please be aware that the rules apply to you too.
    Any member who signs up under a new name will be banned from the site.
    Good bye.

Boss
    Attaboy Boss, thanks!

Originally posted by mark115
    Should I start a new thread?

The Buderus installation manuals are available on line. There is a Pressure drop diagram, but it is not referenced in the dialogue. For G234, 17.6 GPM seems to be important. (It's the only mid-point value shown.) For G124, 10 GPM is the only point shown, but since the diagram uses a log scale, I'm not sure that it has any real significance other than reference.

Max operating pressure for both models is 58psi.

Thoughts?
    You're right on those flowrates.

I think that there should probably be more than one circ on your system, and that if the existing one is in the boiler return, (Pumping into the boiler) it's definitely not piped the way that I personally would've done it.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by hoffa
    The HVAC Talk search engine is a good source also, though its fussy about strings

To make things confusing the board policy says homeowners are welcomed - some interpret that as meaning only if they generate business or were victims of poor servicce.

Homeowners are welcome to participate. Within the parameters of the forum rules, which, again, can be located in my signature line.

DIY questions are not permitted, and this is well publicized here, including in the link you MUST click to get to this forum:

Hyperlink tag to the Residential HVAC forum at HVAC-Talk.com:
    Residential HVAC
    Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY questions, please read Site Rules

That's copied and pasted from the Main page of this website.

I fail to see why, hoffa, you contribute nothing to this site other than to take every single opportunity that you can to try and misinterpret the forum rules. You obviously have some sort of agenda, and you're obviously posting under a "new" username. What exactly is your problem?

Click this link to see all the threads that Hoffa has posted to. He attempts to cause trouble and ill-will in every single one of them.

The strangest part of this hole thing is, that mark115's question here is not a DIY question, but a simple request for a definition to a technical term. ONe poster asked if he was in the business, and I don't think that (knowing Norm for all these years,) he intended to NOT answer the question, but that he was looking for a baseline to start on HOW to answer the question.

Feet of head, is simply a pressure measurement, based against friction.

To find feet of head/head feet/feet of water, measure highest pressure drop piping circuit in feet, (Usually the longest run, but not always) multiply by .06 .

The answer is your "head feet".

Include the length of BB element in your measurements.
    You are right dave, I was going to answer the question after first getting "a baseline" as to where I best begin. If you read my posts regularly you know I often do that.

However, after watching this thread begin to turn "sour" I decided to bow out and let others answer the poster.

It did kinda head downhill in a handbasket at a high rate of speed...

Originally posted by ct2
    I'm selling tickets to this one!

ROUND TWO

Damn I want my money back 30 seconds into the second round and the ref calls the fight

[ deleted by Boss ]

Hoffa - you are banned from this site.

If you come here again I will contact comcast and they will promptly terminate your account.

[Edited by Boss on 03-12-2005 at 12:53 PM]

Originally posted by take2
    [ deleted by Boss ]

Hoffa - you are banned from this site.

If you come here again I will contact comcast and they will promptly terminate your account.

[Edited by Boss on 03-12-2005 at 12:53 PM]
    I can't believe he tried to sign up again.

Some people never learn.
    Get back to work.™

Damn I want my money back 30 seconds into the second round and the ref calls the fight

And you wanted your money back!

at the bottom of the ticket it states " no refunds or exchanges"

Hmm

Using the formulas that Irascible provided in his link, here are the FTHD and gpm for my zones:

Zone1: 10.8 FTHD, 8.1 gpm
    Zone2: 9.0, 9.7
    Zone3: 6.6, 13.2
    Zone4: 7.2, 12.1
    Zone5: 6.0, 14.2

(As a reminder: TACO 007-F5, 1/25hp, 3250rpm, pushing into the boiler.)

Looking at the TACO datasheet, the 007 isn’t rated for FTHD>11.0. So, if we’re supposed to design for the loop with the largest FTHD, it looks like the 007 just barely makes it. (Am I doing this right?)

So, if any 2 or more zones call for heat, then it just gets worse, right? Could this be why my burners have 4 minute cycle times?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast