Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really???

Really???

Thank you sparky for being a complete idiot. On top of that shame on the inspector that accepted it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Thank you sparky for being a complete idiot. On top of that shame on the inspector that accepted it.
    I am sure the inspectors palms was greased..

Sombody stuck a condensing unit behind a disconnect!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I don't see a problem. The disconnect is air cooled, the AHJ should be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    There was a time I wouldn't have given an install like that a second thought.

Why is it that we frown on DIY'ers, I frown on them also, and yet at the same time expect all others to know as much about air flow as we do? And when they don't, we call them idiots. I don't get it.
    Learn to live, so that you may live to learn.

my question is... Did they put screws into the coil to secure the disconnect?

Sadly I have seen worse, trane rtac with one whole section completly blocked top to bottom, side to side.

Why is this on WoS? It's not like sparky screwed the disconnect into coil. I'm sure we'll see pics of that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    my question is... Did they put screws into the coil to secure the disconnect?
    Only a hack would do that...spread the fins and coils a bit and use molly-bolts for that professional look...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by cfmech04 View Post
    Sadly I have seen worse, trane rtac with one whole section completly blocked top to bottom, side to side.
    I'd love to see the light show when the technician needs to run the water hose through it to get the cottonwood leavings out of the coil so it can breath... um from far away I would.. maybe on the roof nextdoor haha

was meant to quote tpa-fl

I guess it's ok when they do it from the factory. Have you ever had to deal with an ECO2?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nobody cares about the sevice guy .noPRIDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast